China slashes visa fees: Tourists to travel to the PRC for less

webfact

2 hours ago, ravip said:

Millions of people on this planet do.

2 hours ago, Gknrd said:

Pretty sad when the second largest economy is doing a "Thailand" to try and get tourists.  

If the economy is that bad in China then something is seriously wrong.

I live in the US and the government is raising interest rates trying to get people to stop spending.  Wages are going up like crazy and there are not enough workers to fill the positions.

TBH  If history is correct,  China has been looking after itself for more than a million years. 

Today,  we tend to think, I am right,  all should follow me and anyone who opposes me is a terrorist.

Think about it. Think what's happening today at this very moment. What happened before...

We humans find it very difficult to accept hard facts. 

Sad and confused emojis galore mostly due to this sad mentality of ours. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, Gknrd said:

Maybe millions from your part of the world. But, I am a westerner and I would not go if they paid me. I used to fly through and lay over in China. I felt like a criminal just at the airport. No thanks.....

You maybe a westerner - does that mean ALL westerners think the same as you?

I felt like a criminal just at the airport. No thanks.....

Ha ha ha... you really should see how some Western embassies treat visa applicants and sometimes at airports...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Gknrd said:

the government is raising interest rates trying to get people to stop spending

Incorrect. They're raising interest rates trying to reduce the inflation rate. The sad effect of that is that people reduce their spending, but it's not the goal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Incorrect. They're raising interest rates trying to reduce the inflation rate. The sad effect of that is that people reduce their spending, but it's not the goal.

In "economics"  If aggregate supply falls but aggregate demand remains unchanged, there is upward pressure on prices and inflation.

As soon as you put enough pressure on buying  demand falls and you curb inflation.  The only tool the reserve has , is to raise rates.

Off subject a little, but IMO we will have inflation for the next several years because of companies scrambling to leave China. Demand will remain in the US, but until the supply chains are re-established elsewhere then a little inflation will be the norm.

My opinion anyway.

Edited by Gknrd

11 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

With our current government firmly in China's pocket we should be given Chinese passports.  

I'd rather be clubbed over the head than set foot in China again.  I transited through Shanghai a few years ago and got hauled off the plane by some guy in a military uniform.  My crime?  Joking with the girl who checked out passports before boarding the plane.  The clown held the plane for 10 minutes with me on the ramp, and never said a word. I was put back on the plane and everyone was staring at me as though I had a kilo of China White shoved up my colon.

Must have been a lousy joke...555

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SunsetT said:

Must have been a lousy joke...555

We were flirting. The other girl checking passports became enraged and must have reported her coworker.  They brought the angry one down to the plane and she pointed at me and began jibbering to the army dude.

I was irritated and asked if this was about flirting with a girl, and shook my head.  Things could have taken a turn for the worse for me, thankfully they didn't.  Never again. I'm from Vancouver, where there's a surplus of Chinese who hate white people. No need to travel to such a polluted hell hole for that kind of treatment. 

We disembarked onto the open tarmac and every person in front of me wretched as they exited the plane. I was bemused until it was my turn and I had the same response.  The air was too foul to imagine. I pitted the poor souls who had to breathe it on a daily basis.  No wonder they're ramming themselves into Canada and swarm attractions like Lake Louise.  

1 hour ago, Bobthegimp said:

We were flirting. The other girl checking passports became enraged and must have reported her coworker.  They brought the angry one down to the plane and she pointed at me and began jibbering to the army dude.

I was irritated and asked if this was about flirting with a girl, and shook my head.  Things could have taken a turn for the worse for me, thankfully they didn't.  Never again. I'm from Vancouver, where there's a surplus of Chinese who hate white people. No need to travel to such a polluted hell hole for that kind of treatment. 

We disembarked onto the open tarmac and every person in front of me wretched as they exited the plane. I was bemused until it was my turn and I had the same response.  The air was too foul to imagine. I pitted the poor souls who had to breathe it on a daily basis.  No wonder they're ramming themselves into Canada and swarm attractions like Lake Louise.  

You paint a vivid picture.