does immigration know when someone is staying in a hotel?

37 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Take it that the immigration knows, unless your check-in is accepted against a Thai driver's license. Alternatively, if you are traveling with a Thai national, then let him/her do the check-in on their ID papers - no worries. 

The TM30 procedure can, apparently, also be handled online from a mobile phone (I have no clue though how that works); the TM30 is technically the responsibility of the host/land lord/property owner and many Thai land lords simply refuse to follow this, yet another useless, paper trail of the immigration to tell all those non-Thais, who is who on the banana boat ;-) 

Another beauty of the pink ID card, no PP number on mine and excepted by all the hotels i have checked into.

4 minutes ago, Lopburikid said:

Because then I am obeying the law that is written down for foreigners. And I can always say I have reported. Plus, some immigration officials aren't all as lazy as the others.

What law?

Please post it up for the benefit of others

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Lopburikid said:

Because then I am obeying the law that is written down for foreigners. And I can always say I have reported. Plus, some immigration officials aren't all as lazy as the others.

The law changed way back, and as I said before why do you check in if with your wife?