Large private hospital in Pattanakarn Soi 50 area, Bangkok

Puccini

There used to be a subforum "Thailand Maps" or something like that but I can't find it anymore, otherwise I would have posted there.

This is what my Google Maps search gives me for "pattanakarn soi 50, bangkok thailand". No hospital in sight.

image.jpeg.c050a7b8650562c9712a7da56c9d1032.jpeg

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Puccini said:

There used to be a subforum "Thailand Maps" or something like that but I can't find it anymore, otherwise I would have posted there.

This is what my Google Maps search gives me for "pattanakarn soi 50, bangkok thailand". No hospital in sight.

image.jpeg.c050a7b8650562c9712a7da56c9d1032.jpeg

There's lots of hospitals. One's only 499 metres from there. Use Google maps.

26 minutes ago, NextG said:

I only know of the Vibharam. Why do you ask?

Obvious.

It's the hospital that refused the Taiwanese tourist for emergency treatment (victim of a hit and run nearby).

He died later after being carted to a public hospital 10 km away.

While the name was withheld in the respecting thread here it is all over in Thai language sources.

See here:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1314240-taiwan-seeking-answers-over-hit-and-run-death-in-bangkok/

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Puccini said:

The screenshot I posted here came thr Google Maps on my PC. Is there another Google Maps?

When trying to find out something like this on Google Maps there are 2 steps.

1. Find the location you want.

2. Click on "nearby" on the menu on the far left and search for what you want, in this instance hospitals.

In any event, a photo of the exact hospital already appears in this thread:  https://aseannow.com/topic/1314294-“please-explain”-hospital-that-refused-to-treat-foreigner-worlds-best-cuisine-tim-newton-today-dec-14/

And the name is widely available on Thai media sites.

Lastly this sort of occurrence is, unfortunately,  common in private hospitals in Thailand. The only thing unusual in this  case is that it made the newspapers and that in turn is because the patient died and the government of their country raised the issue. Started in the Taiwanese media first.

Thread closed.

• Thanks 1