“Please explain” - hospital that refused to treat foreigner, world's best cuisine - Tim Newton Today - Dec 14

webfact

image.jpeg

Thailand News - Follow up to the story of the Taiwanese tourist refused emergency assistance at a Bangkok private hospital (NOT a Bangkok Hospital brand), more fallout from the Chinese Tik Tokker and her online rant about Nana Plaza, record methamphetamine haul at Myanmar/Thai border.

Time for less talk and more action regarding Thailand's critical PM205 problem, and the best cuisines of the world... where did Thai food rank?

Tim Newton Today is a daily take on Thai and regional news and issues of interest to expats and foreign tourists.

Honestly, the vast differences in rates between private and government hospitals leaves one's mind boggled.  Especially if you consider that both provide acceptable care and treatment.

Hopefully the on-going government discussions about rates at private hospitals will be successful in narrowing the gap.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Honestly, the vast differences in rates between private and government hospitals leaves one's mind boggled.  Especially if you consider that both provide acceptable care and treatment.

Hopefully the on-going government discussions about rates at private hospitals will be successful in narrowing the gap.

Had treatment almost as bad in a few Ontario hospitals, and  I is an Ontarioite.

On 12/14/2023 at 6:59 PM, CanadaSam said:

"Honestly" yea, right.  I wouldn't take my dog to a gov't hospital.  The only two I will get care from are either Bumrungrad or BK H.  If you find other providers acceptable, good for you.  Everyone has a choice where they get their healthcare.