Body Believed to Be a Foreigner Found Floating in the Sea off Karon, Phuket

webfact

image.jpeg

Karon – A body which is believed to be that of a male foreigner was reportedly found floating in the sea off Karon.

The Kusoldharm rescue divers reported that they were notified from the Royal Thai Navy Third Area Command of the incident.

A local fishermen reported that the body of a male foreigner was found floating in the sea about 16 nautical miles from Karon Beach.

By Goongnang Suksawat

PHOTO: Kusoldharm Foundation

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2023-12-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, arick said:

It's amazing how bloating of a drowned body and you can't even distinguish that ethnicity

If you have seen a body that has been in the water or even on land, 

24-72 hours after death — the internal organs decompose. 3-5 days after death — the body starts to bloat and blood-containing foam leaks from the mouth and nose. 8-10 days after death — the body turns from green to red as the blood decomposes and the organs in the abdomen accumulate gas. 

The story initially gives the impression that the deceased was spotted just off Karon Beach. Then it transpires that the body was seen 16 nautical miles offshore. Probably out of sight of land. The person could have entered the water almost anywhere in the region or even from a vessel. The accompanying pic appears to be Patong Bay.

If found again it may be difficult to identify.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

A local fishermen reported that the body of a male foreigner was found floating in the sea about 16 nautical miles from Karon Beach.

Did he have a valid credit card on him ?

no ?

Let him float then , he won't pay for his incineration ...

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

On 12/14/2023 at 4:42 AM, CanadaSam said:

You really don't want to see a dead body 2 or 3 days after death, be it human, pig, cow, or.....

Right unfortunately I did after the 2004 tsunami . 

On 12/14/2023 at 6:52 AM, arick said:

It's amazing how bloating of a drowned body and you can't even distinguish that ethnicity

They have edited the front line because the first post was they didn't know what ethnicity it was they didn't even know if it was a male or female so go back they re-edited their Frontline

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, arick said:
3 hours ago, arick said:

Piss off the article clearly says it took them a few days to figure out what it was

It's the same like somebody from Liverpool when you come down to London we don't know what the hell you are either even when you're gobbing your mouth off we still wonder what you are what it is

At least I am able to read and comprehend English properly. you should try it some time...

"...rescue workers did not find the body and it was later reported that the body floated away".

On 12/15/2023 at 11:11 PM, balo said:

Right unfortunately I did after the 2004 tsunami . 

I thought it was 2006? Sorry, correct me if I am wrong and that does not takeaway anything from the terrible degree of tragedy from that event.

3 hours ago, arick said:

Let me be the first person Liverpool accent sound exactly like an Aboriginal Canadian Indian from Canada from the North Pole you guys have exactly the same accent it's very hilarious

Some what condecending there. I'm guessing that because you are making it sound like you are the perfect human being, that you are completely flaw free, accent and all?

Curious to know your motivation in runnng someone down just because of their locality?

6 hours ago, V8M8 said:

I thought it was 2006? Sorry, correct me if I am wrong and that does not takeaway anything from the terrible degree of tragedy from that event.

It was 2004, on Boxing day. 

I had friends that went missing and they posted pictures of dead bodies on a website owned by the police or government, back then they were open for anyone to look at pictures. I did not know what to expect but I soon discovered it was not possible for me to identify anyone from the terrible state of the bloated bodies. 

It made me really sick for weeks , unfortunately my Norwegian friends, both father and son died that terrible day.