Hi..Can a foreigner call for an ambulance in Chiang Mai…??

mikey88

On 12/24/2023 at 3:09 PM, elektrified said:

Yes, they do. But, you have to tell the dispatcher that you need life support and they will send an ambulance from a well-funded Foundation that has all of the equipment and a team of well-trained EMT's. I did this recently for someone and told the dispatcher that the patient could not breath well and that the main gate was locked and that only a small access gate was open. I spoke with them in Thai. They sent an expensive, well stocked, well-equipped ambulance with 3 guys who were all very well-trained. They checked for blood pressure, blood sugar, blood oxygen, administered an IV and oxygen, and called the hospital that we requested and notified the ER that they were on the way.

I should point out that on both occasions that I needed to call an ambulance (1669) for a friend, that they came urgently (patient could not breathe very well and needed oxygen), but they could not locate his house even after 2 or 3 back and forth telephone calls with directions. I had to meet them in front of a nearby temple and they followed me to my friend's house. There was no charge to take my friend to Rajavej (and Suan Dok  the other time), but they suggested a donation to their Foundations to cover the cost of oxygen and medical supplies (1,000 Baht). They gave me cards with all of the information to contact and pay them.

• 3 weeks later...