Here’s what Prachuap Khiri Khan is doing to improve road safety during New Year

webfact

The plan includes deploying 30 units of fast-moving vehicles equipped with flashing lights for enhanced visibility during night-time, particularly aimed at alerting drivers. 

Also aim those vehicles at reckless drivers. In all the years I have been here, I have never seen anyone pulled over for speeding or recklessness. Get the useless highway patrol to actually patrol the highway. 

How about 30 days in jail, for any highway patrolman found in an office, instead of out there on the highway? Roadblocks accomplish very little, except clog the highways. It is a lazy approach. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The plan includes deploying 30 units of fast-moving vehicles equipped with flashing lights for enhanced visibility during night-time, particularly aimed at alerting drivers. 

Also aim those vehicles at reckless drivers. In all the years I have been here, I have never seen anyone pulled over for speeding or recklessness. Get the useless highway patrol to actually patrol the highway. 

How about 30 days in jail, for any highway patrolman found in an office, instead of out there on the highway? Roadblocks accomplish very little, except clog the highways. It is a lazy approach. 

A personal favorite of mine is when they situate the roadblock / checkpoint right after a blind bend in the road, with no advance warning signs of course.

52 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

They do that where I live.:thumbsup: OK maybe not exactly 10 but...

33 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

I approve the closing of hazardous u turns which are the cause of so many accudents.

Won't stop the M/C and if they do they will just ride in the wrong direction until they get to one of their 'home made ' crossings across ditches and the like, some even make a bridge with a plank of wood.

4 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

A personal favorite of mine is when they situate the roadblock / checkpoint right after a blind bend in the road, with no advance warning signs of course.

Yeah, what they should do is have it well announced with plenty of warning signs in advance so everyone knows there is an alcohol check coming up. Genius.

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Get the useless highway patrol to actually patrol the highway.

"It increases my paranoia
Like looking at my mirror and seeing a police car
"

Be careful what you wish for... I came here from this country... supposedly the leader of the free world... there were State Police, County Police, some times Township Police, City Police, Town Police, Park Police and let's not forget the Sheriffs... So much for freedom.

One pleasant surprise for me when I arrived in Thailand was the realization that there was not a cop on every corner or waiting behind every billboard or overpass... Now, I've been here for a while... and I am still on high alert for hiding cops while driving down the highway...

Yes, I will say it again, be careful what you wish for.

17 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Yeah, what they should do is have it well announced with plenty of warning signs in advance so everyone knows there is an alcohol check coming up. Genius.

Here we go again ,

firstly I never mentioned alcohol checks,  many of these  sites do not check for alcohol, they are not even staffed by police, but by uniformed volunteers employed by the local administration, ( known as "Or Por Bor Ror)  they don't even have the power to arrest or even stop anybody.  However they have no issues shutting a road down to a single lane presumably for some misguided notion of safety, or more likely, simply to emulate what they have seen their equally clueless  brown uniformed cousins do

If you really think it is a  master stroke of Thai policing to place road narrowing measures or indeed alcohol checkpoints in such places then you have just publicly demonstrated that you are as stupid as they are and are totally justified in referring to me as a genius, at least in comparison to yourself, although I have never considered myself as such

Why don't you finish your  afternoon chang, have a little sleep , and see if you can come up with a safer alternative, along the lines of cops in cars driving around actively looking for drunken drivers who they can stop, brethylise and arrest 

Where i come from we call people like you  a "beaut"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2023 at 2:36 PM, Iamloki said:

"It increases my paranoia
Like looking at my mirror and seeing a police car
"

Be careful what you wish for... I came here from this country... supposedly the leader of the free world... there were State Police, County Police, some times Township Police, City Police, Town Police, Park Police and let's not forget the Sheriffs... So much for freedom.

One pleasant surprise for me when I arrived in Thailand was the realization that there was not a cop on every corner or waiting behind every billboard or overpass... Now, I've been here for a while... and I am still on high alert for hiding cops while driving down the highway...

Yes, I will say it again, be careful what you wish for.

Forget the cops, concentrate on all the others,  other than that I totally agree

Some motorists do not pay attention to the speed limit. Along Petchkadsem Rd, at night, they drive at 80 kph. It is so noisy. I changed the windows to “soundproof”. It helps a little but that is not the point. Why do we have to compromise our quality sleep when the motorists do not follow the traffic regulations. Where are the Traffic police?

Many other measures can be done to calm the road - or calm the motorists: traffic lights, traffic check points, speed cameras and issuing of summons, reduce the lanes at night, change the surface of the road to slow down vehicles, use road humps etc. It is the determination to improve the quality of life for the residents or hotel guests that counts.

One immediate effect  of the noise pollution is that property facing the road has no tenants or do not get buyers. By allowing drivers to break the law, Hua Hin will not attract decent residents.

Hua Hin officers, please discuss the solutions to help reduce the noise pollution. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Aunty ann said:

Some motorists do not pay attention to the speed limit. Along Petchkadsem Rd, at night, they drive at 80 kph. It is so noisy. I changed the windows to “soundproof”. It helps a little but that is not the point. Why do we have to compromise our quality sleep when the motorists do not follow the traffic regulations. Where are the Traffic police?

Many other measures can be done to calm the road - or calm the motorists: traffic lights, traffic check points, speed cameras and issuing of summons, reduce the lanes at night, change the surface of the road to slow down vehicles, use road humps etc. It is the determination to improve the quality of life for the residents or hotel guests that counts.

One immediate effect  of the noise pollution is that property facing the road has no tenants or do not get buyers. By allowing drivers to break the law, Hua Hin will not attract decent residents.

Hua Hin officers, please discuss the solutions to help reduce the noise pollution. 

Are you from Kansas?

New HH train station is huge and nicely done. It is open since mid Dec.

The spacious staff quarters, which is 10 min away, are almost ready for moving in. One can tell that the Government provides extremely well for the civil servants, who, under this superb welfare package, might not be able to initiate changes or else they might rock the boat.

So, it is a well-know fact that the railway is losing money, there is no ads in train stations to pull in revenue. The facilities get neglected and services mediocre. Passengers throw trash outside the window, domestic refuse and construction dumps pile along the railways, Thailand’s beauty is tarnished. Sigh!!!

BC22314C-195C-4396-9FCE-13D5E75B95A2.jpeg

69B97670-8A9D-4394-A367-40B85E321525.jpeg