Is Nong Khai Land Office Accepting Superficies registrations for foreigners.

Can anyone give me information whether Nong Khai Land Office is currently accepting Superficies or Usufruct registrations. They have done in the past but some land offices in Thailand are now refusing to process them and I would like to know the situation in Nong Khai.

I wish someone (with lots or resources) would challenge these rogue land offices.

The usufruct is a recognised concept under the thai land laws.

On what grounds can these little divs go against the law and refuse it, and without recourse or appeal?

Yes but the land must be empty, no building, for superficies. I would recommend Sap Ing Sith over superficies depending what you want to do. If you do usufruct, make a better contract than just using the form of the land department. It worths it. If you are not married, add a MOU to your usufruct. I talk with experience.

On 12/18/2023 at 11:05 PM, Sigma6 said:

The usufruct is a recognised concept under the thai land laws.

On what grounds can these little divs go against the law and refuse it, and without recourse or appeal?

It was refused in Udon Thani between 2010 and 2015 more or less.

It was refused in one amphur of Ubon Ratchathani when people were not married.

It is extremely difficult to do it in Hang Dong district.

I registered about 200 usufruct or more since 2006 and you never know.

Phuket normally asks tea money. I was one of the first to talk about it in 2008.

The problem is not the law, it is the directors of land departments sometimes not liking foreigners to have so much rights. Near Surin, once, they refused a lifetime usufruct and only allowed 30 years. Why? No idea. He just didn't want to look at the law. It was maybe 2010.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, YaDongImproved said:

It was refused in Udon Thani between 2010 and 2015 more or less.

It was refused in one amphur of Ubon Ratchathani when people were not married.

It is extremely difficult to do it in Hang Dong district.

I registered about 200 usufruct or more since 2006 and you never know.

Phuket normally asks tea money. I was one of the first to talk about it in 2008.

The problem is not the law, it is the directors of land departments sometimes not liking foreigners to have so much rights. Near Surin, once, they refused a lifetime usufruct and only allowed 30 years. Why? No idea. He just didn't want to look at the law. It was maybe 2010.

Sebastien from ThaiLawOnline.

I got 1 in 2010 (Oct), and 6 in 2011 at Udon Thani.  Did they give you a reason?

Only 2 at PKK

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I got 1 in 2010 (Oct), and 6 in 2011 at Udon Thani.  Did they give you a reason?

Only 2 at PKK

No. The old director of the land department was just having a power trip. I heard he asked 800,000 baht to a foreigner for one usufruct. It was Amphur Mueang. The years are approximative could be 2009-2013 but around these years. It was the only place in Isaan very difficult. The rest was depending of offices but Udon Thani Amphur Mueang was a mess. Not any other amphur, just the main one. 

4 hours ago, YaDongImproved said:

No. The old director of the land department was just having a power trip. I heard he asked 800,000 baht to a foreigner for one usufruct. It was Amphur Mueang. The years are approximative could be 2009-2013 but around these years. It was the only place in Isaan very difficult. The rest was depending of offices but Udon Thani Amphur Mueang was a mess. Not any other amphur, just the main one. 

That's where I got mine at, A. Muang, around the corner from Nong Prajack Park, as lots were located at Ban Na Kae, NaDi, A Muang.   Just myself, wife & seller for one, then had that lot cut up in 6 lots, One rai each), (2 for house & 4 to sell), so then wife & myself for those 6.   No lawyer or RE agent involved.  Too easy and <100 fee for  each, if I remember correctly.image.png.1248337d3c8369518646077a354b3946.png