Anyone Heard Of This

greenwood0311

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean the english guy that was beaten by 40+ thai people and even followed by them into the hospital(which was captured on surveillance cam)? I think he is a policeman's son and a policeman himself, might be he also plays soccer. It happened in Nakorn Sawan and has just been in the morning news with a long report, apparently the culprits were policemen themselves or policemen's children partly and therefore investigations are blocked off for the time being, I was quite surprised that this detail has been openly admitted. Also haven't found that elsewhere in the forum to my surprise. Might also be I misunderstood some of it as it was an all thai language broadcast obviously.

Basch

Do you mean the english guy that was beaten by 40+ thai people and even followed by them into the hospital(which was captured on surveillance cam)? I think he is a policeman's son and a policeman himself, might be he also plays soccer. It happened in Nakorn Sawan and has just been in the morning news with a long report, apparently the culprits were policemen themselves or policemen's children partly and therefore investigations are blocked off for the time being, I was quite surprised that this detail has been openly admitted. Also haven't found that elsewhere in the forum to my surprise. Might also be I misunderstood some of it as it was an all thai language broadcast obviously.

Basch

Yes that is it, apparently there is a report on http://www.komchadluek.net/ but I cannot read a word of Thai, so perhaps someone who can might be able to see what it is all about.

A friend of mine from Chaing Mai sms me this morning to tell me about it, so that is all I know at present. Thanks everyone who has replied.

I was told he was young footballer from Tottenham, so whether he plays for Tottenham or lives in Tottenham I cannot confirm at present.

My Thai friend who sms me was a bit vague with some of the deatils, so sorry I cannot be any more specific with details.

Basch

I caught the end of a news report on Thai TV last night, from what I could gather there was a fight, then the Thai guy went to the army barracks and came back with off duty soldiers and the Englishman was attacked again in the hospital (captured on surveillance camera). There were police at the hospital who didn't or were unable to do anything. The players father is an ex-policeman and has flown over. The player didn't look too badly hurt, he was sitting up in bed, but had a heap of stitches in his head.

Just been on the news again. The missus says that the guy was here on holiday and was in a bar, got in an argument with a bunch of youths at the next table that turned into a scrap and he was on the side that came in second. Must have pissed off the wrong people before they came to the hospital mob handed to finnish it off.

Who's "they"? Mob beatings happen in many countries.

No doubt. But this happened in Thailand I believe.

I can't recall when I've ever heard of a mob connected to the Police entering a hospital to continue a vicious beating in my own country, let alone a case of a mob beating a mentally ill man to death for damaging a shrine as was done in Bangkok recently.

Perhaps Thailand does really have a problem with mob violence, vigilantism and off duty Policemen acting above the law as certainly appears to be the case.

Yes there are mob beatings everywhere but they are not the norm - in Thailand it seems to be the opposite

Even if the Thai guy cold knock the shit out of his oponent alone without help they all join in.

Modal duality of children?

Hi My Thai wife told me about a news item on ITV last night.

It seems a British guy was set upon by about 20 Army guys, drinks/drunk related. He was taken to hospital.

Then about 20 Army guys goes into the hospital and set about him again?/Police did nothing.

I cannot find any news about this But my wife says it was on ITV??

If true another nail in the The Land of smiles dream.

Any comments/news

Who's "they"? Mob beatings happen in many countries.

No doubt. But this happened in Thailand I believe.

I can't recall when I've ever heard of a mob connected to the Police entering a hospital to continue a vicious beating in my own country, let alone a case of a mob beating a mentally ill man to death for damaging a shrine as was done in Bangkok recently.

Perhaps Thailand does really have a problem with mob violence, vigilantism and off duty Policemen acting above the law as certainly appears to be the case.

Are you from England? We have it in the U.S. Rodney King, anyone? You're right it did happen in Thailand and gave you a great opportunity to stereotype Thais.

Edited by Jimjim

Are you from England?

Nope.

You're right it did happen in Thailand and gave you a great opportunity to stereotype Thais.

I wasn't stereotyping anyone, merely highlighting that Thailand seems to have a problem with mob beatings such as this. I also gave you an instance where a mentally ill man was beaten to death by an agry mob in central Bangkok to emphasise my point.

Would you concede that Thailand has a problem?

No, you cite anecdotal evidence which proves nothing.

Hi My Thai wife told me about a news item on ITV last night.

It seems a British guy was set upon by about 20 Army guys, drinks/drunk related. He was taken to hospital.

Then about 20 Army guys goes into the hospital and set about him again?/Police did nothing.

I cannot find any news about this But my wife says it was on ITV??

If true another nail in the The Land of smiles dream.

Any comments/news

Because the army is in power, they really can do what they like. Police will not do anything, simple as that I think.

Police bow even to enlisted men, now they are in...

sad story, I hope the young man comes good.

Thailand is the king of mob beatings. You get in a fight with a Thai, and there's no way other Thais will let the two of you beat it out - the mob comes in and its 20 on 1.

Take off those saffron tinted glasses and read some news stories. They are dogs who need to hunt in packs, f**king cowards.

Mob violence is common here. This sort of "street justice" is more a reflection of the ineptitude of the police and the judicial system. In these situations, people feel the only power for justice is what they meet out themselves. In a lot of countries with reasonably good standard of the rule of law, people have faith in the justice system and allow it to do it's work.

In Thailand this is one the reasons you see people fleeing the scene of accidents--there is a very good chance that someone will get the crap kicked out them.

I've seen the police, with a handcuffed man in tow, throw him down and let a group of motorcycle taxi drivers kick him half to death.

I am not saying anything about this particular fight because I don't know anything about it, but the mob rule is and can be a real problem here.