Electrical Adaptors - Thai To Oz

Mobi

I'm off to Oz for 2 weeks on Sunday, and need some electrical adaptors for my mobile phone charger etc.

Does anyone know if they available in Pattaya? Carrefour or Home pro etc? It will save me trawling the length and breadth of the city looking.

Or can I buy at Suvunabhumi?

From memory Oz has a strange sockets, similar to British , but at a funny angle.

Thanks for any info folks

Mobi

If you are travelling to major cities in Oz you can generally buy the adaptors in Supermarkets (coles, woolworths) or electronics stores (Dick Smith, Tandy) so it wouldn't be too much hastle once you get here.

Cheers

Mobi,

Probably scarcer than hens teeth in Pattaya. I just returned from a trip to NZ (same power outlets as Oz) and I picked up a couple of cheap ones at Woolworths. Dick Smiths is the 'Currys' or 'Radio Shack' downunder and they should also be a good bet.

If you can hang on until you get clear of airports and their heavily marked-up adapters and buy on the high street, you will save a bunch. Charge everything up before you go!

Safe trip too.

... I picked up a couple of cheap ones at Woolworths. Dick Smiths is the 'Currys' or 'Radio Shack' downunder and they should also be a good bet.

If you can hang on until you get clear of airports and their heavily marked-up adapters and buy on the high street, you will save a bunch. Charge everything up before you go!

Good advice and probably your best bet Mobi. :o

Pssst.... I've got 1 at home if you want to borrow it. :D

You can bend the pins on the 2 pin plugs to fit the Au socket done carefully you can bend them back when you get home. It is how I charged my phone untill I found my Au charger. :o

If you have a collection of products take a 6 plug strip and adjust the pins on the plug strip, this way you do not risk damage to your power adaptors.

While you are staying in hotels, use the shaver adaptor in the bathroom. They often have a socket that accepts different plugs.

Otherwise the cheapest adaptors are usually at the $2 shops.

Is thsi the one for Oz?

post-25991-1184850809_thumb.jpg

I found it in the basement at Tukcom - 20 Baht.

Any aussies out there who can confirm or otherwise?

Thanks

Kerr-ching!!!!

Thats the one mate (not an Aussie but I know). I would have suggested that veritable pandora's box in the Tukcom basement but they weren't there 2 months ago!