Seaweed Bloom Covers Patong Beach

snoop1130

1703052762_947919-tnamcot-768x402.jpg

PHUKET, Dec 20 (TNA) – Seaweed bloom has covered Patong beach in Phuket, prompting clean-up operations by local authorities.

The deputy mayor of Patong acknowledged that part of it comes from wastewater, and authorities are collecting it for proper disposal to reduce its impact on the beauty of this tourist beach.

Municipal officials from the Public Health and Environment Division along with 30 volunteers, have gathered to clean up and collect a mass of seaweed that has been washed ashore along the entire stretch of Patong beach.

Full story: Thai News Agency 2023-12-20

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1

My Mexican friend from California told me he booked a hotel in Patong and then was surprised he and his wife were staying in a red light district.

I guess he thought they would have some decent tacos there. 

The red light district in Tijuana had the best taco stand.

He told me he ate there before, so it's not like he hasn't seen tacky whorehouse districts before.😂

Edited by SiSePuede419

4 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

My Mexican friend from California told me he booked a hotel in Patong and then was surprised he and his wife were staying in a red light district.

I guess he thought they would have some decent tacos there. 

The red light district in Tijuana had the best taco stand.

He told me he ate there before, so it's not like he hasn't seen tacky whorehouse districts before.😂

We start off with seaweed on the beach and suddenly jump to Mexicans, California and taco stands in a red light area.  Think you'd better check your morning meds.:wacko:

• Haha 1