Faded Passport Photo

KhaoNiaw

I've had my UK passport for 6 years and the photo has now faded quite badly. I haven't travelled outside Thailand in that time and nobody's mentioned anything when I've extended visas or used the passport for anything else.

Anyway, I'm due to be travelling to the UK and back next month. Is there likely to be a problem anywhere there or back?

I had a nearly new Australian passport with a damaged photo due to staple holes allowing humidity to change the colour. (A visa agent had stapled a visa application through the passport photo :o )

Australian Immigration noted the damage on arrival and strongly suggested I renew my passport at the end of my travels.

I departed Australia and travelled through 4 other countries before renewing my passport overseas. Nothing was mentioned by the Immigration officials in Oz or elsewhere.

I’d recommend renewing your passport if you are that concerned.

You may be advised to renew your passport when you arrive in UK. The main nuscance is the transfer of your visa and the cost, time and agrivation involved

My passport got very wet during songkran a few years ago and the picture and info page developed some marks. The only people to have commented have been some immigration people in Oz. One person mentioned that at some stage one of the immigration computers would not read it and then I might be in trouble.

I've had my UK passport for 6 years and the photo has now faded quite badly. I haven't travelled outside Thailand in that time and nobody's mentioned anything when I've extended visas or used the passport for anything else.

Anyway, I'm due to be travelling to the UK and back next month. Is there likely to be a problem anywhere there or back?

The picture on mine is coming away from the paper that its bound into, LHR immigation have told me to get it renewed as potentially they could stop me travelling. I have been in and out the country a few times and every time they mention it. 70GBP to get it renewed