Non-O for the purpose of retirement extension options?

Question. In the case someone can't get the first 1 year extension for some reason (can't provide all the necessary paper work for a very strict IO for instance)

is it possible to get a 1 month? or 60 day extension on a 90 day Non-O retirement visa?

Edited by likerdup1

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

There is no 30 or 60 day extension for non O based on retirement.

The only option is 12 month extension and meeting the financial requirements. 

For a non O based on marriage you could obtain 60 day extension to visit wife

Meeting the financial requirements AND at CW showing a lot of documentation for residency. TM30, Lease, Tabien Baan and also possibly the Land Title Deed for the domicile. Dr. Jack. check my latest thread for the latest documentation being asked for by at least one IO at the L desks at CW. At least one other expat has reported the same difficulties with retirement extensions at CW.

Edited by likerdup1

19 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Meeting the financial requirements AND at CW showing a lot of documentation for residency. TM30, Lease, Tabien Baan and also possibly the Land Title Deed for the domicile

I think you had poor treatment as I stated in the thread you mention

Here is my reply in that thread...

"OP, that is really disappointing.

You should not require a one year lease for your first extension.

The io was unreasonable especially if you explained that you are thinking of moving. 

You could discuss doing a non binding lease with landlord" 

The other guy that was knocked back I notice was same desk L35? Same io? 

My personal experience (using appointment at CW) was to deal with L32

In any event what is your next step? 

How many days left on your permission of stay? 

I assume the financials are in order so have you consulted with an agent as a fallback option.

Would a reset work? Hop out and back in, start over.

Though all roads may lead to the Bad Desk, if not in Year 1 then in Year 2 (and they may notice anyway)? Is that desk only extensions?

I don't know how/if it would all work, just an idea if you haven't considered it already.

Edited by avidorn

47 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I think you had poor treatment as I stated in the thread you mention

Here is my reply in that thread...

"OP, that is really disappointing.

You should not require a one year lease for your first extension.

The io was unreasonable especially if you explained that you are thinking of moving. 

You could discuss doing a non binding lease with landlord" 

The other guy that was knocked back I notice was same desk L35? Same io? 

My personal experience (using appointment at CW) was to deal with L32

In any event what is your next step? 

How many days left on your permission of stay? 

I assume the financials are in order so have you consulted with an agent as a fallback option.

I have fortunately have been able to put together a bunch of documentation that this particular IO wants.

I will not be using an agent because the fees they want are not fair. They are also very vague about what they will do to help me and one just basically refused to help me. I'm busy I have other people to help blah blah. So my problem he did not want to deal with.

I will simply provide what the IO asked for, and more, just in case I land on his desk again.

Yes, the other expat who was "knocked back" visited the same IO at the same desk L1 35

How exactly can you choose to deal with L1 32?

Edited by likerdup1

34 minutes ago, avidorn said:

Would a reset work? Hop out and back in, start over.

Though all roads may lead to the Bad Desk, if not in Year 1 then in Year 2 (and they may notice anyway)? Is that desk only extensions?

I don't know how/if it would all work, just an idea if you haven't considered it already.

That's the last resort solution. I will leave, come back on a visa exempt, get another Non-O (visiting CW twice) and then again try for the 1 year extension. By then the I/O will have forgotten about me I hope. I will also again come armed with endless piles of documents.

I talked to a few agents. They want 20k and say vague things like "we will supply some additional documents to support your application" whatever that means. Also one proposed using an address he provides. I would not want to use an address that is not mine and become tethered to an agency for all my immigration business. No way.

Inevitably if this younger senior IO is doing extensions then there is a chance any of us who do extensions ourselves will meet him. That is why, even though CW customer service, like Dr. Jack, says that the TM.30 and a lease should be more than sufficient, I would urge others to be prepared with extra documents so as to not go through the burden of multiple visits to CW for a 1 year extension.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Meeting the financial requirements AND at CW showing a lot of documentation for residency. TM30, Lease, Tabien Baan and also possibly the Land Title Deed for the domicile. Dr. Jack. check my latest thread for the latest documentation being asked for by at least one IO at the L desks at CW. At least one other expat has reported the same difficulties with retirement extensions at CW.

Confirmed. Two days ago, my application for extension was almost derailed due to the address on my lease not matching the address on the property deed. I do not know the exact details, it was all just a "blur" for me, and fortunately my agent was able to sort it. It took several hours to get things "lined up". Of course, I was offered an "alternative", but the price was unacceptable.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, timendres said:

Confirmed. Two days ago, my application for extension was almost derailed due to the address on my lease not matching the address on the property deed. I do not know the exact details, it was all just a "blur" for me, and fortunately my agent was able to sort it. It took several hours to get things "lined up". Of course, I was offered an "alternative", but the price was unacceptable.

This is helpful, but if you don't mind, please reply with some detail. What Immigration office? CW? Do you recall the number of the desk where you submitted the application? (if at CW). Who told you to bring the Land Title Deed and Lease etc? Agent? The offered alternative was from IO?

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I always use the appointment option and are given same desk number each time.

This receipt looks to be from the old system. An new system came online recently. I made another appointment and the desk is again L1 35. The receipts look totally different and are given in PDF form. It looks like every new appointment that is made is sent to desk L1 35

I am fairly sure anyone that has made an appointment in the last 1 month or so will also be sent to L1 35. This of course means, same IO and probably same treatment.

Curious about this though. Has anyone done a walk in and been sent to a desk OTHER than L1 35?

Anyone that has any experience differently would help to alert us.

Edited by likerdup1

4 hours ago, timendres said:

Which office?

23 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

This is helpful, but if you don't mind, please reply with some detail. What Immigration office? CW? Do you recall the number of the desk where you submitted the application? (if at CW). Who told you to bring the Land Title Deed and Lease etc? Agent? The offered alternative was from IO?

As above, CW. I am not sure about the desk. It was the "retirement extension" division. I believe "L" was the desk designation. I partly blame my agent for forgetting that the additional lease evidence was required on the first application. She indicated that it was not required for further extensions (only the lease is required), but maybe she was attempting to save face. The "alternative" was, of course, suggested by the very hungry IO. 

1 hour ago, timendres said:

As above, CW. I am not sure about the desk. It was the "retirement extension" division. I believe "L" was the desk designation. I partly blame my agent for forgetting that the additional lease evidence was required on the first application. She indicated that it was not required for further extensions (only the lease is required), but maybe she was attempting to save face. The "alternative" was, of course, suggested by the very hungry IO. 

Thanks for your replies and help.

question: Did the particular "cubicle" have 2 immigration officers? One female in front and and one male in back? Was it on the far left in front of the waiting area seating?

did the I/O want copies of both the Tabien Baan AND Land Title Deed of your residence?

thanks for your help and relaying your experience. I'm faced with going again next week and being rattled after being denied basically forgot to ask the IO exactly what was required or / what he wanted.. He certainly didn't offer me a detailed list either.

Edited by likerdup1

6 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

question: Did the particular "cubicle" have 2 immigration officers? One female in front and and one male in back? Was it on the far left in front of the waiting area seating?

Do not know how to answer that question.

6 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

did the I/O want copies of both the Tabien Baan AND Land Title Deed of your residence?

They wanted the Tabien Baan and Thai ID of the owner that was on the lease. I believe they also wanted the Title, but not absolutely sure of that. Possibly this is where the address discrepancy came up. Unfortunately, it was all happening quickly in Thai, and my agent did not explain it very well, and I really did not care the details - I just wanted it all to end. That is why I pay an agent. To make the pain go away.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, timendres said:

Do not know how to answer that question.

They wanted the Tabien Baan and Thai ID of the owner that was on the lease. I believe they also wanted the Title, but not absolutely sure of that. Possibly this is where the address discrepancy came up. Unfortunately, it was all happening quickly in Thai, and my agent did not explain it very well, and I really did not care the details - I just wanted it all to end. That is why I pay an agent. To make the pain go away.

How would the agent acquire these things (The Tabien Baan and Land Title Deed copies) from the owner of the property?  Didn't he/she ask you for them? I don't want to ask too much but since the owner of my residence is hesitant to give out a copy of the land title deed I'm trying to find out if this might be a definite requirement.. especially for this very strict IO at CW.

I am getting a copy of the Tabien Baan but for security they don't want to give me a copy of the Land Title Deed.

Edited by likerdup1

1 hour ago, likerdup1 said:

How would the agent acquire these things (The Tabien Baan and Land Title Deed copies) from the owner of the property?  Didn't he/she ask you for them? I don't want to ask too much but since the owner of my residence is hesitant to give out a copy of the land title deed I'm trying to find out if this might be a definite requirement.. especially for this very strict IO at CW.

I am getting a copy of the Tabien Baan but for security they don't want to give me a copy of the Land Title Deed.

That is a good question.

My agent was able to go to "an office" (forgive me for not knowing, but I think the "land office"), and was able to get a copy from them, since it is a public record.

• Thumbs Up 1