Some progress but hurdles remain for upgrade of Hua Hin Airport

webfact

image.jpeg

Hua Hin’s long journey towards a fully functioning, modern airport has reached yet another juncture with the latest updates on its ongoing upgrades.

A meeting hosted by the Hua Hin Cha-am Tourism Business Association, held on December 21, 2023, at the Hua Hin Grand Hotel, sought to discuss guidelines aimed at developing a sustainable tourism strategy for Hua Hin for both domestic and international tourists in 2024.

As part of this discussion, updates were provided which helped to shed light on the drawn out upgrade to the airport.

Key figures in attendance included Mrs. Wassana Srikanchana, President of the Hua Hin Cha-am Tourism Business Association, Mr. Ratthaphon Charoenphon, Director of Hua Hin Airport Authority, Mr. Surat Narongrit, President of the Prachuap Provincial Chamber of Commerce, and Pol.Col. Kampanart Na Wichai, the new Superintendent of Hua Hin Police Station.

By Online Reporter 

TOP: Mr. Ratthaphon Charoenphon, Director of Hua Hin Airport Authority

Full story: HUA HIN TODAY 2023-12-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 2

Hua Hin Airport is one of the least utilized airports in Thailand, possibly even in the world. Shame on these guys. They can do so much better. Thailand desperately needs more regional airports, especially within a few hours of Bangkok. Anything to ease congestion, and save souls from the nightmare of getting in and out of Bangkok has to be a good thing for the nation and it's people. Shame. Shame. 

“We will begin by growing the flight base at Hua Hin Airport with a focus on international destinations, and domestic travel and our numbers will take time to grow.  We will get started immediately working with the town and recruit local businesses to participate in our new programs, Open to the World and LIVE-LEARN-WORK-PLAY, in Hua Hin,” Laroche said.

Ha! That was some time ago. Alot of nonsense. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

I'm very happy that we can now  fly from CNX to Hua Hin Airport, without a stop in BKK ! And vice versa.

Of course, there could be more direct flights from everywhere in Thailand to this city.

But this would be one side of the coin. The other one, the dark side is:  noise and polliution. If there would be i.e.  20 flights on one day  or more in and out of HH, I would consider having my northern "smoke-holiday" not in Hua Hin.

Edited by puck2

15 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I think they have 3 flights per week total Air Asia to CNX.  What a huge waste of resources such poor planning and forethought. 

But, they sure have a mega baht behemoth train station now with the slow noisy 40 year old trains.

40 year old trains, 

Try the UK 50 year old trains 

20231223_153414.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1