Can someone recommend a good prescription eyeglass shop in BKK?

https://opticland.com/

Family business with high quality, and they all speak English.

I go there since many years. Mostly to get new glasses for my existing frame.

I tried out a couple of places before I found them. No other shop was even half as good.

Tell them, the guy with the Oakley frame and the blue glasses send you. ;) 

• Thumbs Up 1

It will be a lot less than 200-300 USD.  We've used the chains, a couple different ones, and all were good.  Might want to try some different frames, as not expensive either, unless going designer name.

Lenses themselves have all been inexpensive, for myself, minor script (+/- 25) and less than 1000 baht. Though been a while.  For daughter, ever changing script, and don't remember that much difference, but sure not >1500 baht, and she was +/- 275 ish.  Just asked daughter, and her last pair purchase was around 3000 baht, script'd lens & frames (non designer)

We never put lens in old frames, but doubt if they'll charge much at all.  Nothing close to USA prices.

Free exam comes with the glasses and I wouldn't tell them your script.   Let them tell you (if it hasn't changed recently), and that will give you a gauge of the doc & shop's quality.

Just make sure they are perfect before leaving.  Most will be made in <2 hrs at the malls, and usually about 1 hr, unless busy.   Never had to come back to pick on later day.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

Single vision or varifocals?

I walked into my patio door and broke my frame and needed a new pair a couple of months ago but, because they are varifocals, Top Charoen had to send the frames to Germany for glazing - it was very expensive but only took nine days.

In the meantime I bought a pair of B159 single vision from 7-11 which were fine for distance and got me by.

On 12/23/2023 at 5:32 AM, Woke to Sounds of Horking said:

Bringing my recent vision prescription from Norte America with me.

I want to get lenses made in BKK and put into frames I already have.

Anyone know a good shop in BKK that could do this for less than 200-300 USD?

Thanks

Better to buy from ZenniOptical online, prices from $50 and arrive in 10 days.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Better to buy from ZenniOptical online, prices from $50 and arrive in 10 days.

I've been looking at their website with a view to getting new peepers, but I have a very challenging prescription. +7.0 and astigmatism. And for convenience I also like to have multi-focus. The cheapest quote I've had in country has been 25,000 THB.

I'm keen to hear from anyone who has experience of obtaining challenging lenses from ZenniOptical.

23 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I've been looking at their website with a view to getting new peepers, but I have a very challenging prescription. +7.0 and astigmatism. And for convenience I also like to have multi-focus. The cheapest quote I've had in country has been 25,000 THB.

I'm keen to hear from anyone who has experience of obtaining challenging lenses from ZenniOptical.

First Zenni rule is drop down at least one level on the lens selection, a slightly thicker (cheaper) lens isn't a problem. 

I also use varifocals and have astigmatism ...... normally I pay $50 inc post.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

First Zenni rule is drop down at least one level on the lens selection, a slightly thicker (cheaper) lens isn't a problem. 

I also use varifocals and have astigmatism ...... normally I pay $50 inc post.

Thanks, I'll look into that.