TM30 online - ONLY OWNERS can, NOT if you are a TENANT RENTING

Items 1 and 2 I'm going to let others answer, I'm married and live in our house, with a yellow book, have only left the country once and that was to change visa type, so anything I say would not apply.

Item 3 in 18 years of extensions at 5 different offices, I've never submitted the day before always about 2/3 weeks before (admittedly never used Jomtien), I've never had the passport retained overnight for the Retirement stamps to be added, it's always been done at the time, as was Non-B extensions, married extensions take extra approval time (under consideration period). Given some of the requests I've had for additional paperwork, submitting the day before would have caused serious problems.

None of my friends who live in Pattaya and use Jomtien have alluded to this problem.

Maybe you just got the wrong IO at the wrong time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Lucky I went to Jomtien Immigration and did a TM30 there, as if you do it online you are not allowed to do it as a tenant who's renting. I asked Jomtien Immigration after doing the TM30 if I can do it online, and she said "no because you are not the owner. Only the owner can do it".

What I've found on this forum is there are a lot incorrect information being given by a lot of members here. The best thing to do is to only listen to the immigration officers only, otherwise you'll get in trouble and get a nice fine on top of it all. So far there's 3 things that many people have given wrong advice here:

1. TM30 online - people saying anyone can do it and that it saves time. No you can't, not unless you are the owner.

2. TM30 doesn't need to be done each and every time you enter Thailand and stay at the same residence and on the same visa. Another rubbish that has been posted. You MUST do a TM30 each and every time you enter Thailand, even if staying at the same address and on the same visa. This again was clearly said numerous times at the TM30 desk today to an American elderly dude (maybe in his 60's). Don't know why it needed to be said to him multiple times but he didn't seem to understand it. 

3. Extensions of stay can be done a few weeks in advanced. Again this is nonsense, at least at Jomtien. I had to come back 3 times to finally get it done. They only allow you to extend ONE business day before your stamp in your passport expires. You hand in the paperwork on that day, then you come back on the next business day to collect your passport. So you don't actually have your passport on you after this and the day you come back your stamp has already expired so if they somehow lose your passport, you will be on overstay.

Totally wrong on all!

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Item 3 in 18 years of extensions at 5 different offices, I've never submitted the day before always about 2/3 weeks before (admittedly never used Jomtien), I've never had the passport retained overnight for the Retirement stamps to be added, it's always been done at the time, as was Non-B extensions, married extensions take extra approval time (under consideration period). Given some of the requests I've had for additional paperwork, submitting the day before would have caused serious problems.

None of my friends who live in Pattaya and use Jomtien have alluded to this problem.

Maybe you just got the wrong IO at the wrong time.

To be honest, in the past 8 years of me doing extensions in BKK and Jomtien I never had that rubbish that you need to come back one business day prior. Seems like a newly introduced thing at Jomtien.

No, I didn't get the wrong IO. If I got the wrong IO, that would mean all of them are the wrong IO who all work at Jomtien as they all said exactly the same thing.

Both the two queue desk girls AND Desk 1 who do the extensions being the man and the woman both told me the exact same thing. That is a total of 4 people. Ended up wasting 2 days going there. First time about 25 days prior and the 2nd time about a week prior. The 2nd time I went there they attached a small ticket with the date and time for me to come back, being one business day before expiry of stamp.

Edited by bbi1

2 minutes ago, ThailandNinja said:

Totally wrong on all!

Lol ok, you know better than the immigration officers who work at Jomtien. It's people like you that give people rubbish advice. I'd stick with advice from the horses mouth, straight from Jomtien Immigraion officers over some random poster like yourself.

Edited by bbi1

3 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Lol ok, you know better than the immigration officers who work at Jomtien. It's people like you that give people rubbish advice. I'd stick with advice from the horses mouth, straight from Jomtien Immigraion officers.

Just google TM30 regulation and you see you are wrong.
It is people like YOU giving false information on all 3 points!

Edited by ThailandNinja
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandNinja said:

I'll listen to the immigration officers from Jomtien who work at the TM30 desk as Jomtien are the ones I have to deal with when I go there for an extension. If it's wrong, then they are wrong. But I won't try and argue with them trying to say they are wrong and they should read up some regulations. I don't think that'd go down to well for me, or for anyone else trying that.

Edited by bbi1

They ar

1 minute ago, bbi1 said:

I'll listen to the immigration officers from Jomtien who work at the TM30 desk as Jomtien are the ones I have to deal with when I go there for an extension. If it's wrong, then they are wrong. But I won't try and argue with them trying to say they are wrong and they should read up some regulations. I don't think that'd go down to well for me, or for anyone else trying that.

They are wrong...and so are you. Stop post false information!

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Lucky I went to Jomtien Immigration and did a TM30 there, as if you do it online you are not allowed to do it as a tenant who's renting. I asked Jomtien Immigration after doing the TM30 if I can do it online, and she said "no because you are not the owner. Only the owner can do it".

What I've found on this forum is there are a lot incorrect information being given by a lot of members here. The best thing to do is to only listen to the immigration officers only, otherwise you'll get in trouble and get a nice fine on top of it all. So far there's 3 things that many people have given wrong advice here:

1. TM30 online - people saying anyone can do it and that it saves time. No you can't, not unless you are the owner.

2. TM30 doesn't need to be done each and every time you enter Thailand and stay at the same residence and on the same visa. Another rubbish that has been posted. You MUST do a TM30 each and every time you enter Thailand, even if staying at the same address and on the same visa. This again was clearly said numerous times at the TM30 desk today to an American elderly dude (maybe in his 60's). Don't know why it needed to be said to him multiple times but he didn't seem to understand it. 

3. Extensions of stay can be done a few weeks in advanced. Again this is nonsense, at least at Jomtien. I had to come back 3 times to finally get it done. They only allow you to extend ONE business day before your stamp in your passport expires. You hand in the paperwork on that day, then you come back on the next business day to collect your passport. So you don't actually have your passport on you after this and the day you come back your stamp has already expired so if they somehow lose your passport, you will be on overstay.

Cool story, bro!

But TIT, and you simply have one anecdote.....your experience on one particular day in one particular district at one particular office with one particular IO who consumed one day's particular breakfast.

Regulation from The Royal Thai police about TM30 point 2.2.

2.2 After a householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or

hotel manager already made a notification according to 2.1, then the alien

goes to occasionally stay somewhere else and return to stay at the original place

within the notified period of stay tahat has not yet ended, such householder,

owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager is not required to make

a notification again.

Edited by ThailandNinja
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandNinja said:

They ar

They are wrong...and so are you. Stop post false information!

How is it false info when it comes from the immigration officer at the TM30 desk? It is obviously Jomtien's stance just like it's their stance that each and every time you come back to Thailand, you must report a TM30 within 72 hours of arrival, even if on the same visa and staying at the same place. That's what they've told me multiple times in the past, and yet again I heard them say this to the American dude who needed it repeated to him a few times for him to understand this. Anyway, this info is current as of today, 26th December 2023.

When the time comes for doing an extension at Jomtien, they will say you haven't done a TM30 with then and fine you 1,600 baht. If I were using Jomtien, I'd surely pay attention to this as that's what they are saying. 

7 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Cool story, bro!

But TIT, and you simply have one anecdote.....your experience on one particular day in one particular district at one particular office with one particular IO who consumed one day's particular breakfast.

No, I've been told multiple times at Jomtien that their stance that each and every time you come back to Thailand, you must report a TM30 within 72 hours of arrival, even if on the same visa and staying at the same place. That's what they've told me multiple times in the past, and yet again I heard them say this to the American dude who needed it repeated to him a few times for him to understand this. 

Plenty of renters on this board have successfully registered on, and used, the online TMN30 system. Which is not operated by provincial IOs.  And specifically recognizes different categories of reporters, nto just owners.

First I am hearing of Jomtien asking for new TM30 after every trip. And certainly contrary to official Immigration order on the subject. But ,soem IOs still do this.

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Maybe this should be moved to the Pattaya Forum as it seems to only relate to Jomtien Immigration.

Very good point.

Concerns how Jomtien set their own rules.

They are not alone. Couple of other offices play by their own rule book.

Fact is with over 70 immigration offices (most doing the right thing) posts/threads about Jomtien muddy the waters. 

55 minutes ago, ThailandNinja said:

It is people like YOU giving false information on all 3 points!

why dont you go down with the OP and tell them they are wrong.  Report back here on how you got on........

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, ThailandNinja said:

And you can do TM30 as a renter.
And I always do my extension 2-3 weeks in advance...at Jomtien.

All three OP points in his post are totally false. Please don't bother his post.

Yeah, it's false when it comes straight from multiple immigration officers at Jomtien lol. Surely anyone with a brain in their head would believe the immigration officer who's standing in front of them and giving them the same info over and over again to them and others there than some randoms on this forum.

13 minutes ago, brianburi said:

why dont you go down with the OP and tell them they are wrong.  Report back here on how you got on........

Spot on. He should go to Jomtien and tell the immigration officers he and she are all wrong, or tell the queue ticket girls they're wrong. I can see how that'd go down lol. Especially the queue ticket girls who aren't really a very friendly bunch of girls.

Edited by bbi1

54 minutes ago, ThailandNinja said:

And you can do TM30 as a renter.
And I always do my extension 2-3 weeks in advance...at Jomtien.

All three OP points in his post are totally false. Please don't bother his post.

I used to also do my extensions at Jomtien 3-4 weeks before stamp, but as of November & December 2023 they only accept one business day prior. I posted proof with photos of this on the thread I started at that time, so it's no BS and all true with actual proof.

Here's the thread with photo proof: 

Edited by bbi1

5 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

There's no need to go there and provoke a confrontation by telling anyone that they're wrong. You can just log onto the system and do it. So when you're next at Immigration and they check your TM30 status, and they find it's been correctly updated in the system, that's it - end of issue.

I really am unsure how the queue ticket girls at the counter in Jomtien will check your TM30 status in the system, as all they do is check the back of your passport if you have the TM30 slip stapled there. If not, they've been telling people and waving that slip around that they need to do it as the first step or you can't apply for an extension.

Edited by bbi1