Russian Neighbour Using My YouTube

Neeranam

Are you signed into your Google account on the TV?   If so, have you checked the YouTube viewing history on your TV to see if those searched for items were actually viewed on your account?  Also click on the "You" to check that it is your account that's linked to that YouTube version.

image.png.5f707ddc3cdbb185cca2b1fc61549fd0.png

We have three smart TVs at our place and I am signed into one of them, but the other two have no account set up.  If I do a YouTube search on my phone or my computer (where I'm signed in), it will also show up on the TV I am signed into, but not the other two.  If I do a YouTube search on one of the non-signed into TVs it will not show up on any of my other devices, despite all being connected to the same wifi network.  Therefore I can't see how someone just using your wifi would show up on your YouTube search history, they'd have to be signed into your Google account on their device (or breaking into your home and watching YouTube on your TV).  If either of those are the case, you have a problem.  Change your Google password immediately.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JaiMaai said:

You don't say what make/model of TV, but on my Samsung TV

• Go to settings
  • General
  • External Device Manager
  • Device Connection Manager
  • Device List

Look for any devices you don't recognize and remove them.

(If another TV manufacturer, it may vary)

Going forward be careful of any prompts coming up requesting to connect to the TV.

It can be done on your YT account, independent of your TV type.

I was recently in hospital, and they had YT on the room TV, and I stupidly logged into it.

When I was discharged, I didn't delete the login and when I got home, I noticed a lot of strange Arabic videos in my playlists.

So, I went into my YT/Google account and found the device ie the hospital TV and deleted it.

Edited by LosLobo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LosLobo said:

It can be done on your YT account, independent of your TV type.

I was recently in hospital, and they had YT on the room TV, and I stupidly logged into it.

When I was discharged, I didn't delete the login and when I got home, I noticed a lot of strange Arabic videos in my playlists.

So, I went into my YT/Google account and found the device ie the hospital TV and deleted it.

So, it could be my wife who also connects her phone to the TV?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ballpoint said:

Are you signed into your Google account on the TV?   If so, have you checked the YouTube viewing history on your TV to see if those searched for items were actually viewed on your account?  Also click on the "You" to check that it is your account that's linked to that YouTube version.

image.png.5f707ddc3cdbb185cca2b1fc61549fd0.png

We have three smart TVs at our place and I am signed into one of them, but the other two have no account set up.  If I do a YouTube search on my phone or my computer (where I'm signed in), it will also show up on the TV I am signed into, but not the other two.  If I do a YouTube search on one of the non-signed into TVs it will not show up on any of my other devices, despite all being connected to the same wifi network.  Therefore I can't see how someone just using your wifi would show up on your YouTube search history, they'd have to be signed into your Google account on their device (or breaking into your home and watching YouTube on your TV).  If either of those are the case, you have a problem.  Change your Google password immediately.

Thanks, I'll check

7 hours ago, noobexpat said:

Do you use a VPN and youtube thinks you are in russia? 

Click on the russian searches and maybe its your videos.

No, it the neighbour, Marsha the Bear,and they have a 2/3 year old. None of them speak English or Thai.