2011 Yamaha Fino Classic 114CC

Nic0627

Hello everyone, 

I have a motorbike I’ve stored in Thailand for 3.5 years while away. It was stored outside and needs a bit of TLC. I have gotten a new battery, oil change, new breaks, and mirrors. I’ve had the indicator switch replaced and the breaks tightened because they felt sluggish when I used my break handles. 

However, the bike doesn’t feel as sturdy as it used to. I am thinking of replacing the exhaust system and getting the shocks checked. But I have no experience with maintaining motorbikes to know for sure what to replace. My dad used to maintain it for me so I’m just now learning how to do these things. I’ve attached some pictures. 

I plan to get WD 40 to clean up some of the rust. The bike feels a bit sloshy at times but I’ve checked the tire pressure and it seems fine. When I drive with a second person it is very slugging and squeaks after going over a bump. 

Thank you in advance. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

23 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Maintenance, servicing and basic home care, just how long will it last?

... infinity

and beyond ...

/////

[once rode m/c taxi in bkk

2 y/o wave110      160,000km

no probs.   he said]

love thailand.

luv u long time

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/28/2023 at 9:26 AM, papa al said:

doesn’t feel as sturdy +

bike feels a bit sloshy  +

it is very slugging and squeaks =

It's a Fino.

Fresh gasoline be nice.

Take it to a local mechanic shop and

have them test-drive &  √   it out.

Have fuel system  [ carb or injector ] cleaned if necessary.

Spend B100 on professional cleaning.

Decline the spray wax

then black spray paint renew lower parts.

Coke w/ aluminum foil scrub the rusted chrome.

Clear spray paint coating then.

Good luck.

Thank you, this is what I was looking for. I haven’t driven the bike in years and I want to make sure it is as safe as possible. I’ll definitely be looking into what you mentioned for the bike.

I expect to have to replace the bike in a year or two. Do you have any suggestions for sturdy bikes that maintain their value and are between 115-150 CCs? 

I am 5ft 3’ so not looking for a huge bike. Just reliable and relatively simple to maintain. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/30/2023 at 8:52 PM, kickstart said:

My Wave 125cc now has 132 000km, with a sidecar on it, dose a lot of hauling, home maintenance, one engine rebuild at 95 000 km, still does not use any oil, must say clutch is dying ,starting to slip

As for the OP's Fino, sluggish, give it a good service, sluggish could be drive belt, air cleaner, etc.

Squeaks going over bumps shocks and forks could be at fault.

One thing I have found out, with some shops no good sayings give it a service; you will have to say what wants doing.  

Thank you this is really helpful! I will ask for these things to be checked when I got to the Yamaha service center. My bike also makes a popping sound every now and then. I think it’s from the exhaust. I’ll be driving and hear pop pop. Just a couple and then it stops. I think my exhaust may be really old so I plan to replace it too. 

6 hours ago, Nic0627 said:

Thank you this is really helpful! I will ask for these things to be checked when I got to the Yamaha service center. My bike also makes a popping sound every now and then. I think it’s from the exhaust. I’ll be driving and hear pop pop. Just a couple and then it stops. I think my exhaust may be really old so I plan to replace it too. 

Sounds if you have hole(s) in the exhaust, being stood for a loge time rust has got at it, or the exhaust gasket is leaking.

Seems a lot needs doing to this bike, write it all down and tell the guy what needs doing, then check it all when you pick the bike up.

Thinking, bike being sluggish could well be drive belt getting perished, you can often here a noise when the drive belt is getting warn.