Forum upgrade in progress! ×

the Asian Koel how to find it

ezzra

I live in this very nice 29th floor 5 stars condo on Pratumnuk Hill only to be bothered by these two!! horrible, shrieking noise Asian Koel,

since their sound is carried to a long distance and bounces of other objects it is difficult to locate them,

Any idea how to go about finding them?

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Just follow the “kawow kawow-kawow-kawow” :whistling:

Been here >20 years, never seen one, heard thousands (or is one following me, even to India?)

What are you going to do if you find him/her?

image.png.6b47969581fc6a2f62bfdd8adfd1ce47.png

It seems that those birds are kept as pet by some one who are must be deaf, once I'll find them i intend

to take them far away from where i live and let them go hopefully they will not come back...

Apparently they make good (but annoying) pets.

I feel your pain, but theft of someone's property is likely to end in a world of (possibly very physical) hurt. I really wouldn't.

Besides they'll only be replaced by wild ones.

The @novacova solution would be a much wiser course of action.

Only thing worse than their annoying morning wake up call ...

... would be never hearing their morning wake up call again :coffee1:

Been blessed with them at both recent living accommodations, and more than a few snaps of them.  the females & immature males are stunning looking (not in a gay way), and fun to watch.  image.png.669ca8e24cf09d37c734e633f13aa4af.png

image.png.66ca321d5e53db7a8f4de9b4b1c07c32.png

image.png.1e8596f0bb3b52eaeb559ebc4c8a747a.png

image.png.3fdb9037f191e92ccd6c4b09cfaa9d5a.png

For those not familiar with their yakkin' away sound :giggle:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Apparently they make good (but annoying) pets.

I feel your pain, but theft of someone's property is likely to end in a world of (possibly very physical) hurt. I really wouldn't.

Besides they'll only be replaced by wild ones.

The @novacova solution would be a much wiser course of action.

I'm hoping that once i locate the bird/s i can appeal to the owners of such birds to let them go being

a nuisance and a great disturbance to many I'm sure to hear those birds starting their shrieking noise

4 am...

33 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I'm hoping that once i locate the bird/s i can appeal to the owners of such birds to let them go being

a nuisance and a great disturbance to many I'm sure to hear those birds starting their shrieking noise

4 am...

Good luck with that...... 

A few have tried complaining about dog noise and it rarely goes well, I suspect similar will happen. You could offer to buy them off the owner... then do as you see fit.

17 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I'm sure that also, you find water boarding lovely and relaxing  as well  huh?...

I guess I'm just used to the roosters out back starting up at 0400 each morning and continuing till after dark. I am - so to speak - aware of them but not conscious of them.

By comparison the koel (at least the one recorded on the vid) sounds blissful.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Good luck with that...... 

A few have tried complaining about dog noise and it rarely goes well, I suspect similar will happen. You could offer to buy them off the owner... then do as you see fit.

Then he'd get a few more in the hope that ezzra'd buy them, too, at a suitably inflated price.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mfd101 said:

I guess I'm just used to the roosters out back starting up at 0400 each morning and continuing till after dark. I am - so to speak - aware of them but not conscious of them.

By comparison the koel (at least the one recorded on the vid) sounds blissful.

At least a rooster is useful in fertilizing chickens and a rooster was the only bird that told people

back than that is't time to wake up where the Koel bird is nothing but a bother and a nuisance...

• Haha 1