Does TM30 need to be updated for Non-O retirement renewal at CW?

Some immigration offices want a TM30.

In your example an updated TM30 should not be required at CW.

One thing that has changed at CW is receipt of TM47. 

Previously not required.

My most recent extension was Nov 2023. I did not supply a TM30. 

18 minutes ago, david_je said:

I am due for annual renewal in March. I have a TM30 Receipt of Notification from May 2023. This is what I show if asked by IO, correct? Does it need to be updated or otherwise acted upon before March renewal?

Thank you.

Have you been outside of Thailand since you got that TM30 only some offices (E.g. Jomtien) seem to want a new TM30 if your last one was prior to your most recent entry into Thailand. 

It used to be that if you were returning to your previous address you did not need to get a new TM30 but has apparently changed this year & they now want the TM30 to be dated after your most recent entry into Thailand when doing your extension. 

If you've not been outside of Thailand since you got the TM30 then your old one should be fine. 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, david_je said:

I am due for annual renewal in March. I have a TM30 Receipt of Notification from May 2023. This is what I show if asked by IO, correct? Does it need to be updated or otherwise acted upon before March renewal?

Thank you.

I forgot to add that after the May 2023 receipt, I left Thailand from August to December 2023, but returned to the same address as on the May 2023 receipt. If that makes any difference. 

10 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

It used to be that if you were returning to your previous address you did not need to get a new TM30 but has apparently changed this year & they now want the TM30 to be dated after your most recent entry into Thailand when doing your extension. 

Does this include CW? 

Not in my experience 

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Does this include CW? 

Not in my experience 

It wasn't like that at Jomtien until this year so I couldn't say whether CW does the same or if they accept an older TM30 as long as you're still at the same address.

Seems the change was made approx. 2 months ago... 

Now occasionally you fly back to your home country be it the United States or Portugal or the UK, or wherever, and then come back to Thailand. Well, the past three years you haven't had a problem with the TM30 because you just have your original TM30 you filled out in the beginning and that is all you have had to deal with, and they haven't asked for further TM30 documentation in connection with your extension for example. They may ask for the TM30, the one you originally did but what has changed here is you now have to file a new TM30 after your latest arrival.

So moving forward, it looks like when you leave the country, maybe it's a day or two whatever, you are going to have to file another TM30 before any subsequent extension. So that is what we are looking at moving forward.

https://legal.co.th/resources/visa-immigration-law/thailand-immigration-law/tm30-making-thai-visa-extension-processing-more-complex/

Edit: If you read the comments under the Video it seems Chiang Mai also want a new TM30 

This is what happened to me at Chiang Mai Immigration yesterday. I was asked if I had a receipt in my passport, to which I answered yes, but I hadn't reported my last two entries last May and August. They asked me if I'd changed my address and I answered, no. They said that I needed to update and gave me a ticket to queue. When it was my turn, I was asked again if I had changed address and then some details were entered in the computer. Then a new receipt was made out and handed to me. That was that - free to go. My last entry was on 22nd August and the receipt is dated 18th October.

Edit2: The "Confused" amongst us might want to google the Pattaya Mail article "Chonburi immigration bureau tightens address reporting" 

Edited by Mike Teavee

From Ground News: https://ground.news/article/chonburi-immigration-bureau-tightens-address-reporting

A recent change in procedure at Pattaya-Jomtien immigration (and Sri Racha) means that all foreigners requiring a service must have a TM30 form receipt in their passport. This now applies to long-term expats as well as short-term tourists. A TM30 receipt issued before the last entry to Thailand will be regarded as out-of-date.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

It wasn't like that at Jomtien until this year so I couldn't say whether CW does the same or if they accept an older TM30 as long as you're still at the same address.

CM has never accepted the change in TM30 rules made in June 2020.

Jomitien, I'm aware recently placed a sign indicating TM30 required even for annual extension.

I don't take notice of those offices.

As stated earlier TM30 was not required for my annual extension last Nov 2023.

Guess we all need to watch for extension reports.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Jomitien, I'm aware recently placed a sign indicating TM30 required even for annual extension.

Hopefully as you have very recent experience of doing an Extension at CW where an (updated) TM30 was not required, the OP will be ok. 

I can’t really comment from recent experience as I moved condo at the time my last extension was due so had to do a TM30 (as I’d changed address), Extension/Multi Re-entry permit & 90 day report (it was due) at the same time.... But I did remember reading that article so made a mental note to do a TM30 on my next return from UK (Probably need to do one anyway as I'll be getting a new passport when I'm there) and thought it worth mentioning. 

I’ve posted many times that I use an agent (for convenience) so looking back through my paperwork they filed my TM30 then did my Extension/Multi Re-Entry permit on the same day, next day they did my 90 day report. 

For anybody keeping score it was 8K for the Extension, 4K for the multi re-entry permit & 500B for the TM30 (90 day was free).

Edited by Mike Teavee

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Far be it for me to suggest what a Mod of the Visa Forum does or does not take interest in but I would suggest a lot of guys in here are from Chiang Mai & even more from Pattaya so might be worth keeping an eye on what's happening in those IO offices.

If commenting on a Mod's post earns me a "Holiday", then (unlike Arnie), I won't be back. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

.....lot of guys in here are from Chiang Mai & even more from Pattaya so might be worth keeping an eye on what's happening in those IO offices.

Your earlier post was informative with good info.

CM has continued with previous laws even for inter province stays.

Which is ridiculous.

Jomitien is just being Jomtien.

Hopefully a report of annual extension at CW with list of docs required will be posted.

• Thumbs Up 1