Pattaya Fireworks 23 Hours Early

Woof999

Day 2 concert, ran late, so the fireworks were set off after it finished.

Strange to be having fireworks at about 01.15, a day early.

They have said, already that the fireworks will be on time tonight at midnight. Let's wait and see. 5555

IMG_1900.jpeg

Edited by Georgealbert

It will go on for 3 days.

Must be wonderful to purchase a 10 million b condo at Northshore and have constant noise and wake up past midnight all the time.

Just wait for April the "month of Songkran".

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Must be wonderful to purchase a 10 million b condo at Northshore and have constant noise and wake up past midnight all the time.

Can you handle this much fun (sanook)? :burp:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes, but anyone buying in Pattaya, must be aware of what they can expect. It's like buying next to an airport and then moaning about the noise of the planes.

Only expose myself to Pattaya, when staying in hotels for events, but the fireworks were expected last night, just happened a bit later than planned.

Surely no one goes to Pattaya at new year for a quiet family holiday.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the replies. I live on the darkside and was very much awake at the time. I have a direct line of sight to where the fireworks were and just thought that ~1:15am on the morning of December 31st was the strangest time to have a big display.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

As I said in an earlier post, one of the joys of living at Northshore was the ease of seeing events like the International Fireworks Festival and New Year's Eve--plus other events that took place on the beach.  We would ride the elevator down to the 6th floor and watch the fireworks from lounge chairs at the pool.  No hassles with crowds or finding a parking space.  If we wanted to get into the thick of it, with concerts, food festivals, etc.,  the beach was just across the street.  

I can't speak for the south side of the building but we were on the north side and it wasn't noisy.  Songkran and other events weren't noisy, either, when we lived at Northshore and Centric Sea. 

Obviously, if you choose to live at Northshore, Markland, Centric Sea, The Base, etc., you want to be in a livlier, more urban area than, say, the beachfront condos at Wong Amat.  We liked being just a block from a big hospital and only a couple blocks to Big C, Marina, and T21.  It all comes down to what suits your lifestyle.

While we liked Northshore, we decided to try living in a pool villa on the Darkside, which cost us less than our Northshore condo.  We wanted more space for ourselves and to also be able to have relatives come and visit--some are visiting now for New Year's.  Love where we are now near Lake Mabprachan and we can still be on Sukhumvit in about 15 minutes.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Woof999 said:

Thanks for the replies. I live on the darkside and was very much awake at the time. I have a direct line of sight to where the fireworks were and just thought that ~1:15am on the morning of December 31st was the strangest time to have a big display.

Yes the fireworks were loud, and the beach area was still busy.

Long way out to be woken on the darkside.

This drone picture online was from earlier in the evening.

IMG_1903.jpeg

Edited by Georgealbert
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgealbert said:

Yes the fireworks were loud, and the beach area was still busy.

Long way out to be woken on the darkside.

This drone picture online was from earlier in the evening.

IMG_1903.jpeg

LOL, Pattaya's crap who would go there ? , what is there to do ? terrible beach, only attracts fat bald sex tourists. No high season this year, 😁

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, kinyara said:

LOL, Pattaya's crap who would go there ? , what is there to do ? terrible beach, only attracts fat bald sex tourists. No high season this year, 😁

And that has what to do about the fireworks.

Try this thread if you want to have a general rant.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Strange that you had a completely different opinion about 30 minutes ago in another thread. Bi-polar much?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Strange that you had a completely different opinion about 30 minutes ago in another thread. Bi-polar much?

What is different about it? He simply mentions a fact, namely that many Thais usually end up going to Pattaya, why? Because this is the most nearby beach town outside of Bangkok that is most economic to go to with their own car, in least time, using least gasoline. Doesn't change anything to what the city is like or that it makes little sense otherwise to go there.

I'd still pick Pattaya over Hua Hin though, because it saves time, but also because HH mainly attracts the snobby people. Even worse.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

53 minutes ago, kinyara said:

So very true, horrible place, no class but this is what the fat, bald, old, low class expats like. In Pattaya they can live in 38 sq meter rooms with their little brown tee luk and drive their Honda Wave 125 on the filthy polluted sois. When they can no longer afford their 38 sq meter rooms, they move to the dark side.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

So very true, horrible place, no class but this is what the fat, bald, old, low class expats like. In Pattaya they can live in 38 sq meter rooms with their little brown tee luk and drive their Honda Wave 125 on the filthy polluted sois. When they can no longer afford their 38 sq meter rooms, they move to the dark side.

Interesting. Where do the "I think I'm younger than you", "I'm sure I'm better than you", "my idea of class trumps yours", stereotyping, critical, full head of hair bigots live?

Perhaps a photocopy of your TM.30 would suffice? ;)

17 hours ago, BenStark said:

I think he was being ironic.......

One would need rocks in the head to think Pattaya was short on entertainment this time of year.