My New Year Resolution

Lacessit

4 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I think I will resolve not to reply to a post unless I can add anything to the body of knowledge and "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ― Mark Twain

There are opinions, and facts. It's probably better to stick to facts, although that is an opinion too.

15 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I plan to be a better poster on TV.

Hopefully, most readers here will witness my gradual reformation, as this year unfolds....

Hope so.

We will watch you like a hawk..haha

On 12/31/2023 at 8:08 AM, Lacessit said:

Way back in 1983, I resolved to give up smoking. And did.

In 2021, I decided to get fit. My resting pulse rate is now mid-fifties.

In 2022, I resolved to lose weight. I went from 93 kg to 78 kg. I have backslid slightly, to 81 kg.

In 2023, my NY resolution has been to stop drinking. I had a glass of red wine last February, nothing since.

For 2024. I have decided to stop responding to posters who lack good manners. No return fire, they just go straight onto my ignore list, where they can rail fruitlessly.

What is your New Year resolution, and how successful are you at sticking to them?

Happy New Year.

12 years ago I quit smoking, no faffing around, I just stopped.  

10 years I quit all sugary drinks like coke or sprite, have only sipped a coke once since then and it was so disgustingly sweet one sip was enough to give me a headache.

4 years ago I quit all alcohol and haven't touched a drop since. 

I also limit myself to pizza at most 2 or 3 times a year, I rarely eat any junk food like McDonald's or Burger King etc

This year I have started increasing the amount of vegetables I eat and last year I made a few other dietary changes to avoid getting fat. 

I'm 73 kgs and could do with losing some belly fat as you can't see my abs at the moment.  Heaviest I've ever been when I was a fat slob was 86 kg (I'm 185 cm tall)

31" waist which would be better if it was 30"   

This year my main focus is on longevity and looking younger.  

Happy New Year!

• Love It 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2024 at 3:15 PM, VocalNeal said:

I think I will resolve not to reply to a post unless I can add anything to the body of knowledge and "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ― Mark Twain

I have started to slip and we are not yet out of January.

On 1/4/2024 at 10:43 PM, Freddy42OZ said:

12 years ago I quit smoking, no faffing around, I just stopped.  

10 years I quit all sugary drinks like coke or sprite, have only sipped a coke once since then and it was so disgustingly sweet one sip was enough to give me a headache.

4 years ago I quit all alcohol and haven't touched a drop since. 

I also limit myself to pizza at most 2 or 3 times a year, I rarely eat any junk food like McDonald's or Burger King etc

This year I have started increasing the amount of vegetables I eat and last year I made a few other dietary changes to avoid getting fat. 

I'm 73 kgs and could do with losing some belly fat as you can't see my abs at the moment.  Heaviest I've ever been when I was a fat slob was 86 kg (I'm 185 cm tall)

31" waist which would be better if it was 30"   

This year my main focus is on longevity and looking younger.  

Happy New Year!

Sounds very boring.

On 1/2/2024 at 1:53 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

I plan to be a better poster on TV.

Hopefully, most readers here will witness my gradual reformation, as this year unfolds....

Hope so.

I see that you failed miserably with your new year resolution. Only joking of course..............

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Do you drink to alleviate boredom?

IME, people in their cups are the most boring around.

No alcohol, no coke, rarely a pizza or burger. Sounds boring and the guy is already skinny. A 31 inch waist is tiny for a man. Most farang teenage boys are 32/34.

I would say variety is the spice of life.

37 minutes ago, uttradit said:

No alcohol, no coke, rarely a pizza or burger. Sounds boring and the guy is already skinny. A 31 inch waist is tiny for a man. Most farang teenage boys are 32/34.

I would say variety is the spice of life.

There's sensible variety, and stupid variety.

You are probably not aware in 1989 alcohol was designated by the WHO as a Class 1 carcinogen.

I have seen several people here die of alcohol-induced liver cirrhosis, it's not pretty. Ending your last days sh!tting blood never is.

On 1/24/2024 at 8:33 AM, Lacessit said:

There's sensible variety, and stupid variety.

You are probably not aware in 1989 alcohol was designated by the WHO as a Class 1 carcinogen.

I have seen several people here die of alcohol-induced liver cirrhosis, it's not pretty. Ending your last days sh!tting blood never is.

About 100 things are classified as carcinogen by the WHO.

Life in the grey areas is better than the extremes.

No need to stop alcohol 100% unless you hate it or have an addiction.

I can't see how 1 beer and pizza once a week is that bad for you.

If someone has alcohol induced liver disease then they must have been drinking heavily and that's linked to mental illness.

1 hour ago, uttradit said:

About 100 things are classified as carcinogen by the WHO.

Life in the grey areas is better than the extremes.

No need to stop alcohol 100% unless you hate it or have an addiction.

I can't see how 1 beer and pizza once a week is that bad for you.

If someone has alcohol induced liver disease then they must have been drinking heavily and that's linked to mental illness.

The WHO classifies things as carcinogens when the statistics say so. Such as being 20 times more likely to die of lung cancer if you are a smoker, compared with a non-smoker.

I am not a temperance advocate, and have enjoyed moderate amounts of alcohol in the past.

There is another reason for stopping alcohol. Combined with some medications, it can be very damaging to the liver and kidneys. Over-the-counter paracetamol is one example. Cytotoxic drugs are another.

45 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The WHO classifies things as carcinogens when the statistics say so. Such as being 20 times more likely to die of lung cancer if you are a smoker, compared with a non-smoker.

I am not a temperance advocate, and have enjoyed moderate amounts of alcohol in the past.

There is another reason for stopping alcohol. Combined with some medications, it can be very damaging to the liver and kidneys. Over-the-counter paracetamol is one example. Cytotoxic drugs are another.

Go easy on the drugs too.