In Total 2,864 Drunk Driving Cases Reported in 3 Days of Thailands New Year 7 Days Road Safety Campaign

webfact

Until people learn to drive unsistracted and completely sober nothing will change. Stay off you cell phones

while driving.  If you are drunk, stoned on drugs or both, take a bus or taxi or stay home.

Thailand with all its hordes on the highways during the holiday periods, is one reason not to be with them

trying to get anywhere. Goode Luck with the rest of 2024. Happy New Year

I'm probably the only one. But for me it's funny to read although I like Thailand. 

But people here successfully try not to learn - and a few get punished. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by khunpin
1 word was missing

18 hours ago, metisdead said:

Off topic posts and replies about the road deaths in the UK contravening our Community Standards have been removed as this topic is about:

In Total 2,864 Drunk Driving Cases Reported in 3 Days of Thailands New Year 7 Days Road Safety Campaign

A post commenting on moderation regarding the removal of posts about the UK contravening our Community Standards has been removed:

• If you would like to discuss moderation contact Support

Standards of Conduct

2. Do not post off-topic responses as they can often hijack the topic.

22 hours ago, KannikaP said:

So of the 419 accidents, 86% were motorcyclists (= 360), probably speeding DUE TO excessive alcohol. How many of those accidents were on main highways....people going up t'North to visit their families for N Year?

That leaves 59 accidents involving non-motorcyclists.

I don't see the point of you massaging the figures as well. 

On 1/3/2024 at 7:08 AM, AhFarangJa said:

As usual, these are only the numbers for people who die at the scene, a nice little caveat to lessen the bad image a bit. I wonder what the full total including those that die later, and maimed for life would be.

Also, as others have pointed out, these figures are NORMAL for any day in the year, another meaningless headline to distract from the shameful truth.

It's easy to summarize these articles, the same every day of every year :

"Way too many <deleted> idiots driving around the country killing other people and themselves"

• Agree 1

On 1/2/2024 at 5:09 AM, webfact said:

The number of the drunk driving cases are 97.75 percent of other cases in the probation campaign, being the overwhelming majority of cases.

What does tht mean? - "of other cases"?

the norm for alcohol in incidents is about 33%

so why this enormous jump - the key word being "cases"? are to conclude that the police only prosecuted DUI and ignored all other offences?

What precisely are they doing here?