British tourist’s lost wallet returned by Thai hotel worker

webfact

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I love these NRL updates 👍

What's the Bronco's 2024 run look like?

Who bucking cares. You could easily lose your wallet on both of these though  just joking :cheesy:

Xo2B5mm.gif.e8ac33a7945c3ff794d18b246622c748.gif

10 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

I call this fake news... no photo of the fool who "lost" the wallet, no photo of who "returned" the wallet, no finger pointing, no photo of half the RTP. 

Quite often things "happen in mysterious ways" needing skeptics to eat their own words, so even if this was fake news, lets hope if ever Oz999 is guilty of being a "fool" and is the receiver of a similar heartwarming gesture, there will be a another glimmer of hope for humanity and goodness knows we need this more than ever.

B.T.W. what a different outcome to the recent ASAEN NOW article about the empty wallet found in the street and that good samaritan was temporarily in hot water.

Did she have the wallet?

Cronulla Sharks handed a dream run while Melbourne Storm and Parramatta Eels face horror schedule in 2024 as NRL draw is released, and other top stories from November 13, 2023.

Just stupid to carry a wallet around these days, specially if you are on holiday in a strange country

Cash in one pocket, debit/credit in the other, everything else is left securely somewhere else.

• Agree 1

We had a guest this time last year he lost his iphone in a taxi 3 days later it turned up, he could see his phone going all over the island, the taxi was from Bolt not an airport one,

• Like 1

Went to the local forest temple yesterday, mrs wants to be a nun for a few days. Now you have to submit ID and numerous form filling. Due to people (Thais) coming for a while and stealing money and valuables from the temple, times must be hard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jing Joe said:

Quite often things "happen in mysterious ways" needing skeptics to eat their own words, so even if this was fake news, lets hope if ever Oz999 is guilty of being a "fool" and is the receiver of a similar heartwarming gesture, there will be a another glimmer of hope for humanity and goodness knows we need this more than ever.

B.T.W. what a different outcome to the recent ASAEN NOW article about the empty wallet found in the street and that good samaritan was temporarily in hot water.

It's Thailand, don't have to be a sceptical, just need to look at previous history, have you ever noticed, there is never a follow up story, that interviews the owners, lost the lost property.

13 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

We need more stories like this.....

Here is my story...

About a year ago, I was shopping at a Tesco (now Lotus's) shopping center and had a shopping cart full of items. I carry all my money (about THB 10K, credit/bank cards, IDs, etc., in a small pouch that I usually wear around my waist. I had put the pouch in the small basket at the back of the cart while shopping, and when loading all the other items in my truck, I forgot about the pouch. I didn't notice it was missing until I arrived home, about a 30-minute drive from the shopping center.

I immediately returned to the shopping center and looked for my pouch in the parking lot. I'd been gone about an hour.  Not finding it there, I went inside to the Tesco Information Counter and asked them if anyone had turned in a pouch. They said "Yes" and asked me to identify myself, which I did with photos of my IDs I keep on my phone. They gave the pouch back to me, and it had EVERYTHING in it - NOTHING was missing! :shock1:  I asked for the name of the person who turned it in, but they could not (or would not) give that to me. 

So, now, I always put the keys to my car IN THE POUCH so I can't leave without it! :wai:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/5/2024 at 2:35 PM, brianthainess said:

Warning: Beware of Sharks and Eels horror if going to Samui beach's in 2024.  Especially around Bophut. Try not to drop your wallet in shock.  :coffee1:

Yes, I thought that a rather strange start to the story lol

• Agree 1