The King will EVICT ANDREW !

8 minutes ago, proton said:

From a palace to a mansion, however will he cope? :unsure:

The shower block at Wormword Scrubs is more appropriate if the allegations are true......

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, RayC said:

Turn it into social housing and develop the grounds. Should be able to house a fair number of families.

Who would pat for that ?

Better to get a private landlord  to refurbish the properties and either sell them or rent them out , that way the costs of renovation will be met

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Who would pat for that ?

Better to get a private landlord  to refurbish the properties and either sell them or rent them out , that way the costs of renovation will be met

(I am making an assumption that once the current sitting tenant is removed, the landlord will donate the land to the local authority).

Allowing private development of the land will do nothing to help the solve the problem of affordable housing. Private landlords will obviously expect the market rate for their properties, which means the local authority will need to subside the rent paid by any tenants placed their by the local authority.

The availability and cost of purchasing land is the biggest problem for local authorities. Development costs might be significant but, at least, local authority funds will not be used to support private landlords and units would be added to the stock of available social housing.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, RayC said:

(I am making an assumption that once the current sitting tenant is removed, the landlord will donate the land to the local authority).

Allowing private development of the land will do nothing to help the solve the problem of affordable housing. Private landlords will obviously expect the market rate for their properties, which means the local authority will need to subside the rent paid by any tenants placed their by the local authority.

The availability and cost of purchasing land is the biggest problem for local authorities. Development costs might be significant but, at least, local authority funds will not be used to support private landlords and units would be added to the stock of available social housing.

Why do affordable housing always need to take preference ?

Let a landlord spend his money on the project and then he can rent the properties out to people who work and earn money and it would really be a place for people on housing benefit  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, RayC said:

Turn it into social housing and develop the grounds. Should be able to house a fair number of families.

Better still, turn it over to the illegal economic migrants who keep turning up on the south coast. Only thing they are fleeing is hard work.....

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Why do affordable housing always need to take preference ?

I don't really understand your question? If renters can afford the rent demanded, then there is no problem. The problem occurs when that is not the case hence, the need for (a focus on) affordable housing.

25 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Let a landlord spend his money on the project and then he can rent the properties out to people who work and earn money and it would really be a place for people on housing benefit  

Again, I'm afraid that I don't understand your point. If a landlord charges the market rent for the property how will it "... really be a place for people on housing benefit"?

For the record: My original comment was tongue-in-cheek. Imo the chances of the Royal Lodge and surrounds being turned into housing for the community (council or private) are pretty slim.

7 minutes ago, sungod said:

Better still, turn it over to the illegal economic migrants who keep turning up on the south coast. Only thing they are fleeing is hard work.....

As we are in what is likely to be an election year, I'd suggest that probably isn't a vote winning policy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Foxx said:

His title of "Vice Admiral" seems strangely apposite.

I'm sure that's occurred to him on occasion and has probably been the butt of many a joke on the lolita express.

On 1/5/2024 at 2:41 PM, HauptmannUK said:

Seems Andrew has been 'convicted' by the media based on the claims of one woman (who was over the UK age of consent at the time of the allegation).

If the allegations are correct, she was not in a consensual relationship with Andrew, but was procured for her services. UK law stipulates that while prostitution is not illegal, participants must be over 18.

The procurement of minors (as she was, in relation to the Sexual Offences Act, for sex  is very much illegal in the UK.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

If the allegations are correct, she was not in a consensual relationship with Andrew, but was procured for her services. UK law stipulates that while prostitution is not illegal, participants must be over 18.

The procurement of minors (as she was, in relation to the Sexual Offences Act, for sex  is very much illegal in the UK.

That is correct.

It is also the case that there were legal proceedings against him (though a civil lawsuit, not a criminal prosecution - the latter was not possible due to the Statute of Limitations) which included presentation of evidence that these things took place, and he opted to settle it with a large cash payment rather than contest it.

So not exactly the case that he did not have his day in court.

• Thanks 1