Non-B Thai Visa

2 hours ago, danaham said:

I am not sure - I was thinking the Thai Embassy in San Francisco.  Do you have a different suggestion?

Those in the US would apply for a NonB e-visa from one of 4 Thai consulates in the US.  If you're on the west coast, the NonB e-visa would be from the Los Angeles consulate.

Start here:  https://www.thaievisa.go.th/

I'm not sure there is a Thai Embassy in SFC, or at least not one that issues NonB visas.

To answer the original OP - IF you have a job offer in Thailand and WHEN said employer sends you a letter of intent, you would need to go to your local police station and tell them you need a background check to accept an overseas potion and they will fingerprint you and run the search for a fee. It usually includes city, county, state and federal background databases.

Applying for the visa is another story - IF you have 2-6 months before starting said employment you can apply in the US but it must be through the Washington DC branch.

IF said employer wants you to start ASAP then you make all the usual arrangements for a 30-day tourist (return ticket, hotel booking, etc.), fly over and get a 30-day stamp and go directly to your new employer who should provide you with all the paperwork for a visa change from "tourist stamp" to Non-B.

That's how it goes in a perfect world but you're going to Thailand so... Chok Dee. :wai:

• Love It 1