Prince Andrew 'spent weeks' at Epstein home - witness

CharlieH

image.png

Prince Andrew "spent weeks" at sex offender and financier Jeffrey Epstein's Florida mansion, according to a third batch of unsealed court files.

Juan Alessi, who managed Epstein's residence in Palm Beach, testified that the Duke of York stayed in the guest bedroom and had daily massages.

The testimony appears in around 1,300 pages of evidence released on Friday.

The records also paint a disturbing picture of how Epstein procured victims for sexual exploitation.

Hundreds of pages of legal filings have been unsealed this week under order from a federal court.

The legal papers are part of a 2015 defamation lawsuit by one accuser, Virginia Giuffre, against Ghislaine Maxwell, Epstein's imprisoned former girlfriend.

In a 2009 deposition, Mr Alessi told investigators that Prince Andrew and his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, were "friends" of Epstein and Maxwell. The duchess is not accused of any wrongdoing and Prince Andrew has denied misconduct.

Asked if they ever had "massages" during visits to the Palm Beach mansion, Mr Alessi answered: "Prince Andrew did."

He added that the duchess once briefly visited the house, but "Prince Andrew spent weeks with us", receiving "daily massages".

"I can't remember if he had more than one [per day], but I think it was just a massage for him," he added.

In one of the court filings unsealed this week, one accuser, Jane Doe 3, believed to be Ms Giuffre, alleges she was "forced to have sexual relations" with Prince Andrew while she was 17 in Maxwell's London apartment, in New York and on Epstein's private resort in the US Virgin Islands in an "orgy" with other under-aged girls. This allegation is not new, and the British royal has long denied any wrongdoing.

In a 2019 interview with the BBC, the Duke of York said he had no memory of ever meeting Ms Giuffre. In 2022, he paid her an undisclosed financial settlement to settle her sex assault lawsuit against him, but did so with no admission as to liability.

Also in the documents unsealed on Friday, witnesses describe how people in Epstein's orbit were directed to "pick up girls" to "bring back for Jeffrey".

FULL STORY

BBC-LOGO.png

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I don't think that the massage itself is the aspect under scrutiny. It's the suggestion, from various claimants, that Epstein was using underage girls to deliver the massages and more.

It's the happy ending.

On a related note, I wonder how many Thai visitors would stand the scrutiny if documents were released from a lawsuit by a former Thai short timer... 

You know, when "she looked of age" doesn't cut it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, impulse said:

It's the happy ending.

On a related note, I wonder how many Thai visitors would stand the scrutiny if documents were released from a lawsuit by a former Thai short timer... 

You know, when "she looked of age" doesn't cut it.

If you wish to lead us down that path of wondering, are you speaking from personal experience?

• Haha 2

On 1/7/2024 at 4:32 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh, that'll do it. Let's just take Andrew out and hang him!

That's like saying every farang that ever stayed in Pattaya had sex with bar girls, which would be a nonsense.

Is Alessi charged with managing a residence in which nefarious activities have been reported to have taken place?

I was only having a cup of tea upstairs with the girls in that bar in soi 6.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Evidence? She could have given sworn testimony that Andrew morphed into an alien and took her to Mars on an inflatable flamingo, you can call that "evidence" as well if you wish. :laugh:

Andrew was perfectly entitled to settle out of court. Guiffre didn't have to accept the money, she chose to. Proving once again what this was all about. Money. A cash grab. Hardly surprising given her history. If you want to blame anyone for Andrew settling out of court, blame Guiffre for accepting the cash offer instead of seeking "justice". 

Meanwhile the allegations persist, and aren’t going to disappear.

He’s going to spend his life dodging this sordid part of his past.

Charles needs to do the smart thing and toss him to the curb for bringing the institution of the Royal Household into disrepute.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Sworn testimony is evidence. Lack of testimony is not evidence. It was open to prince charming to give evidence and contest her claim in court. He chose not to and paid up instead.

Moreover, the allegations are made under oath.

Prince Andrew denies the sworn allegations against him but will not make that denial under oath.

He’s dull, but not that dull.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Plenty of people lie under oath. 

Just as plenty of people choose to settle out of court. If she was that bothered she could have refused the settlement but she already got exactly what she wanted. Money. If you're angry that he was allowed to settle, blame Guiffre. She accepted it. 

Lying under oath is perjury, which is why  ‘don’t make statements under oath if you need to lie’ is good legal advice.

I’m not angry.

Neither am I defending a credibly accused rapist who is unwilling to defend himself.

• Confused 2
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1