Is VON KARAJAN's Brandenburg THE Most Magnificent Music YOU Have Ever Heard?

10 hours ago, Walker88 said:

The Brandenburg Concertos are great for stress reduction and evoke a feeling of optimism. I already noted a personal appreciation of Brahms' 1st, particularly the last few movements, as it elicits the same feelings. I can listen to Bach, Brahms, Liszt, SL Weiss' famous Passacaglia in D Major, Julian Bream playing Sevilla...and enjoy them all, but if I put on Beethoven's 9th (I have the von Karajan on LP), what hits hardest is the incredible complexity of it.

It is no wonder the symphony is so famous, as it is arguably the zenith of Western classical music.

The Brandenburg, it seems to me, is sort of the best entry to JS Bach listening for those new to JS Bach and classical music appreciation.

In this respect, I would liken it to Vivaldi's Four Seasons....

Posted (edited)

The Brandenburg, as I have found over the years, has such an effective effect to drown out the sound of chanting monks.

This is just one more use to which I have put this great music in recent years.

There is something about the bass sounds of Von Karajan playing JS Bach's Brandenburg that cannot be matched so much by other classical music.

Of course, you might also try Von Karajan's interpretation of Vivaldi's 𝐀𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐨 𝐕𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐝𝐢 • 𝐋𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐫𝐨 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐢 (𝟏𝟕𝟐𝟓)...

But, in my humble opinion, it is still JS Bach's Brandenburg which can more overwhelmingly drown out the droning and chanting of monks.

I would never go anywhere in SE Asia without my Audio Technica premium headphones and my recordings of JS Bach, conducted by Karajan, on my Note4.

I guess you must feel same as I in this....

Conclusion:  Yes, Folks, if you are a lover of GOOD music/sounds....Then.... Karajan's Brandenburg cannot be surpassed for drowning out the sound of chanting monks, no matter how loud or amplified they get.

Also:  When the sounds of amplified Chanting Monks gets REALLY LOUD....  Then....

Do what I do:

I connect two different recordings to my single pair of headphones, one coming in from the left, and the other track from the right....

That's right, folks:  I have The Brandenburg, from Von Karajan coming into my right headphone....   And I have Vivaldi's Four Seasons coming in on the left side of my headphones.  ....

Works like magic.

Can't hear the monks, no matter how loud they get.

I have my own volume knob, and I just turn it up...every higher....

Why do they need to amplify themselves, anyway?

I mean, we have heard what they are chanting, a million times....

So, is it necessary to hear it again....SO LOUD?

Maybe it IS necessary, though....

Edited by GammaGlobulin