Notarise documents in Bangkok - Cost Effective Recommendations

ReloTH

All - need to get a number of documents notarised. Initial googling surprised by the cost in Bangkok.

If anyone has any recommendations in Bangkok can you pls let me know? Sukhumvit if possible.

Thank you in advance!

During Covid I had this done vis zoom. I think I paid about 3000B. That was a professional law firm in Bangkok. 

Just one document for me. I have no idea how the price would change with a couple of documents. 

15 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

I found a guy goes by Sam, Mr. Somsan Maisuk, Prime Legal and Notarial Limited. 

He's in the Empire Tower, much more reasonable than others.

This was just October of this year so I think he should be in business.

Is around 500 baht per page, he can also come to you if paying grab sometimes. Other option can be suwan law. No more than 1000 baht per page for either. Paying more than 1500 baht per page is simply a rip-off for farangs. All they do is put the blue stamp on it, sign it, and the golden sticker, takes 15 seconds.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

The US Embassy charges $100 per page. I've inquired 2 separate occasions with Thai law firms and they are overly concerned with the content of said documents. As if that is what notarizing is about. We never even got as far as what the cost is.

13 hours ago, cdemundo said:

I found a guy goes by Sam, Mr. Somsan Maisuk, Prime Legal and Notarial Limited. 

He's in the Empire Tower, much more reasonable than others.

This was just October of this year so I think he should be in business.

Wow that's good. October of this year hasn't happened yet so I guess he'll be around until then at least. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, captnhoy said:

The US Embassy charges $100 per page. I've inquired 2 separate occasions with Thai law firms and they are overly concerned with the content of said documents. As if that is what notarizing is about. We never even got as far as what the cost is.

The US Embassy charges $50 per notarized signature

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/notaries-public/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, gargamon said:

Wow that's good. October of this year hasn't happened yet so I guess he'll be around until then at least. 

OOPS.

Let me correct my post, I used his services in October of 2023.

Always nice to have helpful corrections.

• Thumbs Up 1

Depending on the document i.e.  Thai government documents in English, or Thai, or  Certified Translation  etc. it can also be "legalized" at Thai foreign affairs office at MBK, 5th floor, Section A. 200 Baht 3 day service, 400 baht same day express service. You can make an appointment in advance on their website, can google it and use the appointment QR on their page. I don't have their website with me at this time. They are open at 10:00 AM-04:00 PM. 

Edited by MattATX

16 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

All they do is put the blue stamp on it, sign it, and the golden sticker, takes 15 seconds.

In actual fact, the process of notarising a document does not just take 15 seconds of a lawyer's time.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

19 hours ago, ReloTH said:

All - need to get a number of documents notarised. Initial googling surprised by the cost in Bangkok.

If anyone has any recommendations in Bangkok can you pls let me know? Sukhumvit if possible.

Thank you in advance!

Try your embassy.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

In actual fact, the process of notarising a document does not just take 15 seconds of a lawyer's time.

If we are talking about notarizing signatures, the notary checks the ID of the individual and witnesses the signature, yes?

3 minutes ago, ReloTH said:

Thank you all, appreciate the advice.

Notarising certainly seems a good business model here, a lot of ROI for very limited work! Wonder why there aren't more :)

Really? Seems like a notary was $5 when I was paying twenty-four-nine for regular, and thirty-five cents for a pack of smokes. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2024 at 5:29 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

During Covid I had this done vis zoom. I think I paid about 3000B. That was a professional law firm in Bangkok. 

Just one document for me. I have no idea how the price would change with a couple of documents. 

Stop overpaying the lawyers! 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, ReloTH said:

Thank you all, appreciate the advice.

Notarising certainly seems a good business model here, a lot of ROI for very limited work! Wonder why there aren't more :)

What is available from Thai sources is not the apostille stamp of the Hague Convention as Thailand is not a member state.