Possibly (very) dumb ? about Korat IO marriage ext'.

Like I said, maybe really dumb question,  but does anyone know if Korat/Nakorn Ratchasima Immigration need photos of spouse & house etc (annual marriage extension) to be in colour rather than simple black & white? 

(In my defence.....and in my experience....each IO can have their own peculiar 'wants and desires'.....some making sense, many not. And they can change their requirements at sadistically random times without notice, bless them. 😉)

Comments allowing for unambiguous confirmation one way or the other appreciated. 👍

• Confused 2

I always take colour... they might then tell you black and white is OK for next time...but just to be on the safe side and not waste a journey for a few extra baht I would just take colour ones... they can be very picky there on a bad day...( or a good day)...

17 minutes ago, Martin71 said:

I always take colour... they might then tell you black and white is OK for next time...but just to be on the safe side and not waste a journey for a few extra baht I would just take colour ones... they can be very picky there on a bad day...( or a good day)...

I always take colour too, except this year my printer's playing hardball with colour. Seriously clogged print heads, etc. (B&W's fine though for some reason.)

But like you say, best not to waste a (long) journey just saving a few baht by not getting a shop to print them off. 👍

• Confused 1

Have your photos saved on your phone or a usb stick and print your black and white photos. In case the Io doesn't accept the black and white you can still go to a nearby print shop quickly.

• Agree 1

As you are making your turn R. into Korat Imm. off the Soi. their is a shop

that does photocopies and mugshots for visas on your L. Across the Soi.

from Imm.

If they don't take the B&W pix's, she probably can do color from your files.

I've used it before.

rice555

I don't no about Korat but my IO must be glossy and in colour, just printed copies are not allowed. The photo shop we use he can just do it just using the QR scan.

Edited by brianthainess

11 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

You could ring Korat IO and ask them directly if they accept B/W photos

That's a great idea, Mutt, if it's possible. 👍

But from experience I've found that trying that has been really difficult, just getting through. Actually 'impossible', as I never did get through.....though that was a few years ago. I'll give it another try. 🙂👍 Cheers.

4 hours ago, rice555 said:

As you are making your turn R. into Korat Imm. off the Soi. their is a shop

that does photocopies and mugshots for visas on your L. Across the Soi.

from Imm.

If they don't take the B&W pix's, she probably can do color from your files.

I've used it before.

rice555

Yes, I agree. 👍 I thought maybe that could be an option, rice555. If they don't accept B&W, then for sure that shop will have the means to produce colour ones if required, as long I remember to have that file with me. 🙂👍

Thanks. 

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I don't no about Korat but my IO must be glossy and in colour, just printed copies are not allowed. The photo shop we use he can just do it just using the QR scan.

Wow, your local IO is pretty fussy.....glossy?! 

(Do they need to be framed too?! 😉)

Korat IO has always accepted my colour-but-printed copies....until now anyway.

But your comments, brianthainess, do make me think that it's at least very possible that Korat might get picky about colour rather than B&W....especially if they are printed on non-glossy A4 standard. 

Thanks for your reply. 👍

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bigz said:

Have your photos saved on your phone or a usb stick and print your black and white photos. In case the Io doesn't accept the black and white you can still go to a nearby print shop quickly.

Yes....that's a very wise suggestion, Bigz! 

If I can find an old USB that isn't 'problematic' with bugs, that I should have thrown out years ago! 😉 (No, just kidding.....I'll go mad and buy a new little cheapie one! 👍)

Thanks Bigz. 🙏

11 hours ago, Toolong said:

Wow, your local IO is pretty fussy.....glossy?! 

(Do they need to be framed too?! 😉)

Not quite framed, but they supply A4s with  ;  name........... printed at the top and ; signature...........at the bottom, to which you then have to use their glue stick to attach 2 photos to each A4 supplied,

6 photos x 2 copies, it's like being in a kindergarten, and not only that when they come for the home visit they take the same photos, so that's 18 photos they have all up. 

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Not quite framed, but they supply A4s with  ;  name........... printed at the top and ; signature...........at the bottom, to which you then have to use their glue stick to attach 2 photos to each A4 supplied,

6 photos x 2 copies, it's like being in a kindergarten, and not only that when they come for the home visit they take the same photos, so that's 18 photos they have all up. 

Well, that's a lot different from that required by Korat IO, I must say. Something I should now feel quite thankful about perhaps, after reading your comments!

(You know, I wouldn't mind so much about it all if it was completely standardized and applied the same by each office, consistently.)

Thanks for your comments 👍

11 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Always better to go the 'whole hog' with Korat, they say different things on different days.

Agree. Better to do that than not do it, but was just hoping that someone in Korat might reassure me that they'll accept B&W, no problem. To save me some hassle, that's all.

But again you're right. Best to go the whole hog if possible. 👍

Cheers 🙏

Just now, Toolong said:

Well, that's a lot different from that required by Korat IO, I must say. Something I should now feel quite thankful about perhaps, after reading your comments!

(You know, I wouldn't mind so much about it all if it was completely standardized and applied the same by each office, consistently.)

Thanks for your comments 👍

I agree but my office TRAT has been consistent for 8yrs and of course there is always this one #14 :giggle:

copy2.jpg.c4aa7ec401eaaac30f34df69c4e18651.jpg.839e5754f89856876538618ce34aaa25.jpg

3 hours ago, BillyBloggs said:

We just have ours on our phones and send them in the line app, had a problem with some forms (Buri Ram) for pension just had to send them on the line app when we got home love working with small IO's.

Send them in the Line app???? Easy peasy!😆

Wow...I wanna move to Buri Ram! 

Cheers 👍🙏

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I agree but my office TRAT has been consistent for 8yrs and of course there is always this one #14 :giggle:

copy2.jpg.c4aa7ec401eaaac30f34df69c4e18651.jpg.839e5754f89856876538618ce34aaa25.jpg

True. Some offices are indeed fairly consistent in their own requirements, which helps, yes. 👍

And of course, re #14.....yes, it's there in B&W....expect the unexpected! 🙂

I have to go tomorrow to Korat Immi for marriage extension. I made 2 pages normal printer paper with 2 color photos each. If they want B/W I can get a copy opposite the street. More important is that they can see the house number.

17 hours ago, swissman53 said:

I have to go tomorrow to Korat Immi for marriage extension. I made 2 pages normal printer paper with 2 color photos each. If they want B/W I can get a copy opposite the street. More important is that they can see the house number.

Yes, you're probably right about the house number's importance, swissman53. 👍

(Sorry, did you mean to say that if they want 'color', you can get copies across the street? You said B/W. Did you mean color?🙂

By the way.....if you did mean to say that you have made B/W copies, and they accept them ok, could you please let me know, swissman? I would really appreciate it.)

🙏 Thanks! 

21 hours ago, swissman53 said:

Do Korat only require 4 photos for marriage extension. In Hua Hin it has to be 6 photos, two each on three pages, and have to be colour 

Today I was at Korat Immi. I had 2 normal white pages with 2 color photos on each page. I was very happy to have an online appointment. The waiting room was full, but I had to wait only 10 min and my number was called. Do not forget to be around 30 min before your appointment there so that you have enough time for filling out some additional papers. The service was excellent and friendly as always.

54 minutes ago, swissman53 said:

Today I was at Korat Immi. I had 2 normal white pages with 2 color photos on each page. I was very happy to have an online appointment. The waiting room was full, but I had to wait only 10 min and my number was called. Do not forget to be around 30 min before your appointment there so that you have enough time for filling out some additional papers. The service was excellent and friendly as always.

Interesting, swissman. So color seems most likely what they want and a bit surprised they accepted only 4 photos. But 4 photos is fine with me, if that's all they require. Maybe 6 is just what people generally think is required. I usually give 5: 2 of house front (close up with number + whole house), bedroom, kitchen, living room. 

Those 'additional papers' add a bit to the time, but you're right, the appointment system works well.

👍