ZING. HSBC launch potential alternative to Wise for Brits.

New player for anyone looking for an alternative or just as backup.  Only seen one report so far that it was more expensive then Wise but it's early days.  App available for Apple and Android phones but doesn't appear to have web access for transfers.  I can't sign up fully as I'm not in the UK and it couldn't verify my address using means other than my phones location.  Will try again when I get back next.

https://www.altfi.com/article/exclusive-hsbc-s-new-fintech-app-zing-built-on-monese-s-platform

zing.png.c251e8fc5b5dc1c6d1f0db2f60362660.png

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If HSBC notices you live outside the UK, they will close your account.

Fat lot of use to Expats then, we will send money out of UK provided you live in the UK, no better than a High Street bank who are de-banking people for many different reasons.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

From all the banks I had to deal with . HSBC clearly was the worst . They are not trustworthy .

Different experiences = different opinions, I have had very good service.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 10:09 AM, CharlieKo said:

When has wise not worked? Still the cheapest option around!

There are numerous threads on here crying "where's my money" or "Wise taking forever" or words to that effect.  I've never experienced any serious issues but others seem to.

As regarding them being the cheapest, it all depends on how much you send and in what currency.  Currently the comparison tool on Wise' website shows them behind Revolut and Western Union for a transfer of £1,000 GBP to Thailand.  Other services may have disadvantages even if you are getting more baht in your pocket, so I'd be wary of changing without looking at the big picture.

wise02.JPG.228c69d5851c3a5de03d418d5cfc15a9.JPG

Edited by treetops