Minimum Salary For Work Permit Renewals?

Hi all,

I am a 38-year-old British man, I hold a multiple-entry non-immigrant B visa (2 months old), and I plan on continuing to make visa runs every 90 days (i.e. not applying for a 1-year extension). I live and work in Phuket.

I'm confused about what my minimum salary should be from 1st July to qualify for work permit renewals. Is it still 35,000 baht or has it increased to 50,000 baht, or some other figure?

Thanks

work permit renewal doesn't have to do anything with your salary.It just requires you to pay 18K baht/year to qualify for an extension of your workpermit.35K is enough.Are you paying 24k income tax/year?it means you are qualified to keep your workpermit,coz the legal requirement is just 18k/year.

Just to clarify a bit more, 18,000 baht TAX paid per year is the legal requirement to get/renew your workpermit.And usually you pay such amount of tax on only 30,000 baht salary (if u are single) .You salary is 35,000 Baht,so you should be paying the income tax around 23 to 24,000 Baht.So don't worry,you are already qualified to get workpermit renewal.The salary requirement 50,000 is the requirement at immigration to extend your stay for 1 year.It has nothing to do with your workpermit qualification.

Thanks for the information.

At the moment my salary is 35,000 baht per month and I pay 1,940 baht personal income tax a month which equals 23,280 baht per year.

From what you say it sounds like I could take a lower salary, but 35,000 baht is widely regarded to be the minimum foreigner salary here in Phuket. Or maybe that's a myth???

At least I don't need to get 50,000 baht salary, which is what I hoped.