Wire Out from Bangkok Bank Question

I am new here, have tried to read old posts but want to ask here as there may be new information to help.

Funds are in Bangkok bank in Thai baht.  In Phuket now and original bank account opened in Chalong branch.

I want to wire money to the US bank or my US Wise bank.  

1) Which branch can I do this most easily from in Phuket?  Must I do to original bank where I opened account?

2) Are their restrictions on amount I can wire out ?

Does the bank require a reason for the money transfer?    (funds for my kids school in USA)

3) What is the easiest way to do this?

4) If not possible to wire money out of Thailand what other options are there to send money to my WISE wireout account?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Wise does not provide outbound transfers from Thailand.

Bangkok bank has an excellent web site with lots of details about international transfers.

Link: https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Transfers/Transferring-Out-of-Thailand

The bank does ask for a reason.  My friend had to jump through hoops when he did a transfer to US.  I recommend you use a rather generic reason such as support for family.

There are some constraints on how much you can send per transaction.

I believe you can do an international transfer from within Bangkok bank's smartphone app.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Like 2

On 1/11/2024 at 6:22 AM, SamKent said:

I am new here, have tried to read old posts but want to ask here as there may be new information to help.

Funds are in Bangkok bank in Thai baht.  In Phuket now and original bank account opened in Chalong branch.

I want to wire money to the US bank or my US Wise bank.  

1) Which branch can I do this most easily from in Phuket?  Must I do to original bank where I opened account?

2) Are their restrictions on amount I can wire out ?

Does the bank require a reason for the money transfer?    (funds for my kids school in USA)

3) What is the easiest way to do this?

4) If not possible to wire money out of Thailand what other options are there to send money to my WISE wireout account?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you.

On 1/11/2024 at 6:38 AM, gamb00ler said:

Wise does not provide outbound transfers from Thailand.

Bangkok bank has an excellent web site with lots of details about international transfers.

Link: https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Transfers/Transferring-Out-of-Thailand

The bank does ask for a reason.  My friend had to jump through hoops when he did a transfer to US.  I recommend you use a rather generic reason such as support for family.

There are some constraints on how much you can send per transaction.

I believe you can do an international transfer from within Bangkok bank's smartphone app.

Thank you gamb00ler, This is new to me as walking into a bank and requesting a wire is no longer an option.

Seems  Bangkok bank really is my only cost effective way to send money out using a computer or phone.  Wise brings money easy into Thailand and not easy to get it out.  

Wondering if anyone has had success with this International transfer in Bangkok bank on their computer?

On 1/11/2024 at 6:46 AM, norbra said:

You might consider DEEMONEY,

Thank you Norbra, have you used Deemoney/  Which is better for the rate, bangkok bank or DeeMoney>?

appreciate your help

35 minutes ago, SamKent said:

Thank you Norbra, have you used Deemoney/  Which is better for the rate, bangkok bank or DeeMoney>?

appreciate your help

It would serve you well if you learn how to find the answers to your questions by checking the bank's websites and DeeMoney's also.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, SamKent said:

appreciate your help

Yes I have used  DEEMONEY in the past but I am now using Western Union for their same day transfers.

DEEMONEY's exchange rate is better with fees 125thb.

Edited by norbra