Baht bus from Jomtien nightmarket to Central festival Pattaya

Nillerille

Hello more experienced Pattayand!

Iv been taking mostly bolts so far but thought I would arleast want to try the baht buses to see what they are like 😅

I am planing to go from around Jomtien night market to the mall Central festival in Pattaya.

I did some research and saw they leave here from Jomtien 2nd road and you just hail them down with your palm down. But how do I know wich one head to Central festival from Jomtien night market? I just jump on one and hope for the best? 😂 or is there a way to tell where the bus is going?

I have my girl with me so trying to keep her from staying in the heat all day riding the wrong bus :)

Just ask the driver. But on way back you may need yo take more than one baht bus the first from central the next one from 2nd road police box on corner of south pattaya road. That’s how I done it in past but may be others along with better advice 

• Thumbs Up 1

You have to take 3 if going from Central Festival , Beach Rd , 2 nd road Pattaya Tai , then Theppasit to almost Sukumvit , so 6 baht busses , she would probably like taxi instead 120 b Total 

Edited by Irish star
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Irish star said:

You have to take 3 if going from Central Festival , Beach Rd , 2 nd road Pattaya Tai , then Theppasit to almost Sukumvit , so 6 baht busses , she would probably like taxi instead 120 b Total 

No.

17 minutes ago, Mansell said:

I always ask the driver where he is headed. Never had an issue with any of them. They want the fare so they answer where they are going…..Simple.

Meanwhile us on the bus are mumbling stop talking to the driver and just get on the damn bus

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Irish star said:

Reading this I was confused.

Then I saw nick and realized it's Saturday.

All made sense...

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Never talk to the drivers. Heck, don't even look them in the eye.

Next 

Agree, but it is safe to ask the driver if it's already full of people. Then the cost is 10 baht no matter what.

Otherwise, just hop on it, and never say a thing. They all go the same way and route, with rare exceptions. Even then, just get off and hop on the next. 

Edited by thaibreaker

Usually one single bus direct to Central Festival and also onto to Terminal 21 which is on the same route and a good day out window shopping , eating etc. If the bus does stop before, get off, and get on the next one. Easy. If you must ask someone, ask the people on the bus, Thai or foreign, they will tell you.  When I go to Central, I walk back along beach road promenade to the school bus stop for Jomtien . Direct bus back to Jomtien. Can’t miss the stop, there’s a huge line of baht buses waiting their turn. They leave when full which takes 5 mins.

• Love It 1

On 1/14/2024 at 8:59 AM, Pattaya57 said:

Meanwhile us on the bus are mumbling stop talking to the driver and just get on the damn bus

You may well be in need of a break from Pattaya.......

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You may well be in need of a break from Pattaya.......

Good thing I'm currently in Australia for a 2 month break then 😀 

Edited by Pattaya57