What's your favorite strain for work, sleep & going out?

Productivity: Jack Herer

By far, Jack Herer is my favorite strain. While it does make me overthink a bit, it's always about meaningful topics and greatly helps me improve my productivity at work. It makes me consider things I never thought of before. Jack Herer is, without a doubt, my favorite and highly recommended. It's also pretty light so you don't have to worry about being too high. Very smooth and recommended for first time smoker.

Sleep: Afghan Kush

A few puffs of Afghan Kush and I easily fall asleep right after. Not much to say about it, but it's excellent if you're struggling to fall asleep.

Going Out: Bubble Gum

Bubble Gum is my clear #2 favorite. I just can't control my laughter on it, and it always makes me socialize more. I also appreciate the fact that it doesn't raise my heart rate too much, unlike Pineapple Express. It leaves me clear-headed and full of positivity.

What about you guys?

Edited by shocky2012
  • Thanks 1

On 1/12/2024 at 5:24 PM, ABCDBKK said:

Back in the day there were very few flowers. Mostly leaves, twigs, and seeds and often you didn't get to see what you're buying until you already passed your money through a slot in a door. And then 2% THC was the average.

Back in the day I actually got high smoking 1960s pot.
Fast forward to 2024 and I never get the same 'high' that I got when I was younger.  I get a mild buzz smoking these new strains with supposedly 20+% THC.  Good for sleep, but I just don't get "high."

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, connda said:

Back in the day I actually got high smoking 1960s pot.
Fast forward to 2024 and I never get the same 'high' that I got when I was younger.  I get a mild buzz smoking these new strains with supposedly 20+% THC.  Good for sleep, but I just don't get "high."

sounds like your supplier grows meh flower. :)

and often you didn't get to see what you're buying until you already passed your money through a slot in a door.

hahahah this is so not most peoples experience. did you grow up next door to levenworth or ? :)

• Confused 1

Back in the day there were very few flowers. Mostly leaves, twigs, and seeds and often you didn't get to see what you're buying until you already passed your money through a slot in a door. And then 2% THC was the average.

I lived and worked in South Africa for four years and smoked whatever my maid could get hold of - it cost peanuts and was always a brilliant high to enhance whatever you were doing.

The stuff here is extremely disappointing and I've tried OG Kush, Watermelon Zkittlez and Chilli Charlotte - no munchies, music doesn't sound any better, just a slightly pleasant way to nod off at the end of the day.

My next purchase will be a single gram from the kiosk in my local Big C to try out - I'm not going to invest in 10g of junk online again and then have to wait in all day as they only do COD.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, London Lowf said:

I lived and worked in South Africa for four years and smoked whatever my maid could get hold of - it cost peanuts and was always a brilliant high to enhance whatever you were doing.

The stuff here is extremely disappointing and I've tried OG Kush, Watermelon Zkittlez and Chilli Charlotte - no munchies, music doesn't sound any better, just a slightly pleasant way to nod off at the end of the day.

My next purchase will be a single gram from the kiosk in my local Big C to try out - I'm not going to invest in 10g of junk online again and then have to wait in all day as they only do COD.

So it's not just me?

2 hours ago, stoner said:

breaks my heart reading all these disappointing stories of bad purchases. 

Any recommendations? I'd be interested if you could vouch for a particular vendor and produce.  Appreciated!  :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Anyone who can't get really high smoking the high quality reefer now available in Thailand is either being sold some bunk dope or somehow isn't smoking it right.

1-2 good pulls on the good stuff should give you some solid happy feeling couch lock that lasts for 1-2 hours. If your not getting that with 20%+ THC weed then something is really wrong. 

• Agree 1

Also, forget about all this talk about strains and Sativa/Indica, none of that really matters. 

What I look for when I'm buying bud is dense, tight looking buds with no sugar leaves protruding, very strong terpenes, not overly dry, and a bit sticky with some resin is always good. If look closely at the bud and see a few white spots which looks like tiny crystals then that's good too and probably indicative of a good THC profile. 

I've also bought a lot of buds that have a bit of black color to them. Initially I thought these were more exotic strains. Then I found out in most cases it is caused by the air conditioning in the greenhouses where it is being grown in Thailand. It doesn't seem to affect the smoke quality, but it isn't some natural flower coloring. So now I tend to stay away from most of these darker colored buds unless they are a real purple colored strain. 

15 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

420 store in Nakhon Pathom the best I have dealt with anywhere.

Are you referring to P.E.D.420? I looked them up on Google Maps. That place is nearly a 40KM drive from the Bangkok City center and the prices shown look similar to the tourist pricing in the Sukhumvit area. I wouldn't drive that far or pay that much, but that's just me. 

IMG_3527.jpeg.a3ac1f0df4670a887aef2ec0b0a218c5.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, London Lowf said:

Likely Durban Poison, a legendary pure Sativa. 

Maybe look for other Sativa-dominant strains, like the OP mentioned: Jack Herer, or Sour Diesel, anything with "Haze" in the strain name. In theory, local Thai Sativa landrace would give similar feelings.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Maybe look for other Sativa-dominant strains, like the OP mentioned: Jack Herer, or Sour Diesel, anything with "Haze" in the strain name. In theory, local Thai Sativa landrace would give similar feelings.

last year we pheno hunted jack herer. got a glorious one very close to the original. people love it mak mak. 

8 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll give them a try.

Yes, I fondly remember Durban Poison - and also Malawi Cobs (disgused as a cob of corn) and I'm sure they also sold something called Thai Sticks back then.

The point is, it was all good. You didn't waste loads of time and mobey on rubbish purchases whilst trying to track down the decent stuff but hey, TIT!

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Hokeus said:

If anyone really believes they don't know how to grow top quality herb in Thailand then you should watch the video below of this professional growing operation:

professional growing operation.......b quality flower from the looks of it. just from the video i can spot so many issues with the grow. 

there is a market for everything though. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, London Lowf said:

The point is, it was all good. You didn't waste loads of time and mobey on rubbish purchases whilst trying to track down the decent stuff but hey, TIT!

Understood, but that's the nature and evolution of the current market here.

IMO, one can do a bit of research on strains, and then start looking for those strains from reliable suppliers. All that can be done in an hour or so. Not as easy as having your maid sort it out, but not really that challenging.

2 hours ago, Hokeus said:

If anyone really believes they don't know how to grow top quality herb in Thailand then you should watch the video below of this professional growing operation:

Nice. 👍🏼- That looks like at least a $2 million operation (possibly more) including land, facilities, and equipment. No pesticides needed. The facility seems fully insect-free.