Myanmar Cleaner Arrested for Stealing 140,000 Baht from Cyprus and Swedish Tourists at Patong Hotel

webfact

image.jpeg

Patong – A Myanmar cleaner was arrested after she stole from two Cyprus nationals and a Swedish tourist at a hotel in Patong, stealing goods worth in total of about 140,000 baht.

The Patong Police told the Phuket Express that on Thursday (January 11th) they arrested MRS. HLA HLA WIN, 27, a Myanmar national, at a rental room on the Na Nai Road in Patong. Seized from her were six gold items. She was taken to the Patong Police Station to face charges of theft.

The arrest came after two male Cyprus tourists and a male Swedish tourist filed reports of theft to the Patong Police.

On January 6th the two male Cypriot tourists, who are relatives, told Patong police that they stayed in different rooms at the same unidentified hotel on the Sirirat Road in Patong. 

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2024-01-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

A Myanmar cleaner was arrested after she stole from two Cyprus nationals and a Swedish tourist at a hotel in Patong, stealing goods worth in total of about 140,000 baht.

Never trust a maid in a resort hotel

• Confused 1

News travels fast, we live in Rawai and the other day I told my cleaner about it, she knew all about it, she also said it's not good for Burmese people when things like this happen, 

21 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

(...) she also said it's not good for Burmese people when things like this happen, 

No harm done. Most Thais, even the highly educated ones, think/claim that (I am quoting what I heard) "all Burmese are thieves and dangerous"... (Again, none of this is my opinion.)

Edited by StayinThailand2much