Anti-alcohol Network Pushes For Ban On Alcohol Advertisements

Jai Dee

Anti-Alcohol Network pushes for ban on alcohol advertisements

The Anti-Alcohol Network requests an ad-hoc committee overseeing the alcohol control bill to ban alcohol advertisements on all forms of media, including television, publishing, and billboards.

More than 100 representatives of the Anti-Alcohol Network are gathering in front of the Parliament House, calling on the committee to pass the ban and allow people to take part in the drafting process of the alcohol control bill. They proposes that the committee appoints representatives of non-profit organizations against alcohol, children and women groups, as well as consumer protection organizations, to be its new members.

The network earlier kicked off a campaign to send letters and postcards telling adverse effects of alcohol consumption to the National Legislative Assembly (NLA) and requested it to support the alcohol control bill.

In August this year, the network is scheduled to call a meeting of regional anti-alcohol networks to prepare measures to deal with distortion of the ban on alcohol advertisements.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 20 July 2007

:o

i thought it was already banned ,singha now advertise soda ,looks like abeer advert got singha written all over it........ :D

This is my point. Obviously, both of us have missed something somewhere. Even Bayoke tower has removed its infamous: Drink don't drive advertisement.

Is it already banned or not?

ah my condolences g' hopefully you will get past beer one day and move on to the hard hitting world of hard liquor.

In twenty years, that statement will almost certainly come back to haunt you. And you can take that to the bank. The kidney bank.

Removing the ads will have no effect on kids drinking whatsoever. Those 12 year olds can still go to the mom and pop stores to pick up their Leo Yais. What they should do is get rid of that idiotic law that prevents sale of alcohol after midnight and during the afternoon.

Removing the ads will have no effect on kids drinking whatsoever. Those 12 year olds can still go to the mom and pop stores to pick up their Leo Yais. What they should do is get rid of that idiotic law that prevents sale of alcohol after midnight and during the afternoon.

when they stop it compleatly how am i supposed to remember to buy my jack daniels :o

I think the hi-sos are making a big mistake here. Letting the poor drink HELPS their cause because it keeps them in a drunken stupor so they can pilfer more wealth. If you take away drink, drugs, and gambling (the only thing the poor people have) it might make them more self aware of all the thieving going on right under their noses.