Calorific Values Of Thai Food?

JCCR6

Does anyone know any links to sites with approximate calorific and nutritional values of Thai food? I'm particularly interested in the food generally available on the street (my daily diet), as in the past it has been really useful in motivating me with a gym/healthy diet routine. It was nice and easy to track back in the UK where I knew the calorific values for almost everything I ate, unfortunately no such luck here!

Thanks in advance.

if you have a problem with your weight eat vegetables and even fruits, despite them being sweet.

reduce rise, eggs, meat, all foods fried on oil, sugar and salt.

cabbage has as many calories in thailand as it has in england - and don't get obsessed with what you eat, just do eat in moderation.

aw, beer and all alcohols do have a lot of callories - so easy on them

if you have a problem with your weight eat vegetables and even fruits, despite them being sweet.

cabbage has as many calories in thailand as it has in england - and don't get obsessed with what you eat, just do eat in moderation.

Thanks for the reply, but it's not really looking for.

I know the general what's healthy, what's not. I don't have a problem with my weight, but I'd like to monitor what I'm eating more (accurately).

Oh, and I don't eat vegetables :o

Thanks for the reply, but it's not really looking for.

I know the general what's healthy, what's not. I don't have a problem with my weight, but I'd like to monitor what I'm eating more (accurately).

Oh, and I don't eat vegetables :o

Well if you don't eat vegetables you are a silly person! That said, calorie counting is pointless. Think instead about the quality and quanity of the food you eat. Also, ignore the low carbs brigade. Carbs give us the essential energy we need. So, as long as your active, have as many carbs as you like/need. Better off reducing the amount of meat and replace with good veggies and fruit.

Be healthy and be happy!

Wouldn't be nice if a real answer to a question could be had on Thaivisa. Everyone just wants to be a comedian. I have wasted too much time scrolling through responses that have nothing to do with the actual question. I too would like to know the caloric value of masaman curry (probably the more than two big macs).

Tim

Wouldn't be nice if a real answer to a question could be had on Thaivisa. Everyone just wants to be a comedian. I have wasted too much time scrolling through responses that have nothing to do with the actual question. I too would like to know the caloric value of masaman curry (probably the more than two big macs).

Tim

I'm glad I'm not the only person thinking '<deleted> did I bother posting!'

I'm not going to think, well I've not been eating vegetables for 26 years, although as someone on TV has called me a silly person - I will now force myself to eat something I don't like. Also, calorie counting is not 'pointless', although I'm looking to get a complete nutritional breakdown of Thai foods anyway, not just calories.

If anyone has any answers to the question (calorific/neutritional values or links to sites with these) then I'd appreciate it. TIA.

Tim

I'm not going to think, well I've not been eating vegetables for 26 years, although as someone on TV has called me a silly person - I will now force myself to eat something I don't like. Also, calorie counting is not 'pointless', although I'm looking to get a complete nutritional breakdown of Thai foods anyway, not just calories.

If anyone has any answers to the question (calorific/neutritional values or links to sites with these) then I'd appreciate it. TIA.

Yo JCCR6, the silly person quip was supposed to be a quip. Sorry if you took offence. if I was trying to be offensive I would have used more choice language than 'silly'! Okay, more serious answer. There is no way a massaman curry could have the calorific content of 2 big macs. Although I cannot give you the specific calorie content of a Thai curry, I can tell you that when I stopped eating crap and started eating Thai food my weight reduced considerably, and I feel much better. I cook using top quality ingredients and watch my portion size. I still maintain however, that calorie counting is pointless as much research has proven that quality food will have a far better calorific effect than eating fatty rubbish.

I will avoid replying to your posts in future. Be healthy be happy!

Not 2 Big Mac's.... just 1.5... :o

Big Mac (US Portion Size) = 576

http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/21111.html

Thai Masama Chicken =783

http://www.recipezaar.com/141798

And I would say that Carbs are VERY important when they are sugar, palm sugar, honey, coconut milk... that's not food its a desert...

Edited by sfokevin

Tim

Yo JCCR6, the silly person quip was supposed to be a quip. Sorry if you took offence. if I was trying to be offensive I would have used more choice language than 'silly'! Okay, more serious answer. There is no way a massaman curry could have the calorific content of 2 big macs. Although I cannot give you the specific calorie content of a Thai curry, I can tell you that when I stopped eating crap and started eating Thai food my weight reduced considerably, and I feel much better. I cook using top quality ingredients and watch my portion size. I still maintain however, that calorie counting is pointless as much research has proven that quality food will have a far better calorific effect than eating fatty rubbish.

Ok, the point I'm making is I asked for neutritional values. I'm not looking for a general stop eating such and such to lose weight. I didn't even mention weight infact....

Also, I only eat Thai food, which is why I'd like to get an idea of the calorific and neutritional values.

Thanks.

Tim

Ok, the point I'm making is I asked for neutritional values. I'm not looking for a general stop eating such and such to lose weight. I didn't even mention weight infact....

Also, I only eat Thai food, which is why I'd like to get an idea of the calorific and neutritional values.

Thanks.

Please tell us if you can find.

I found this:

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/calor...t/thai_food.htm

I can tell you that when I stopped eating crap and started eating Thai food my weight reduced considerably, and I feel much better. I cook using top quality ingredients and watch my portion size. I still maintain however, that calorie counting is pointless as much research has proven that quality food will have a far better calorific effect than eating fatty rubbish.

I've been living here for 4 years and have gained almost 10kgs eating a diet of Thai food! I reckon it's the excessive amounts of oil, sugar and coconut milk that seem to go into most dishes, and the generous portions you get at the market. Even if you ask for a dish 'sai nam man nit noi' it's still swimming in grease. But it's all so delicious!!! I do go to the gym regularly but the weight's still crept on. Right, I'm off to check out that website so I can see just how many calories I've been consuming...

MCL

Thai Masama Chicken =783

http://www.recipezaar.com/141798

And I would say that Carbs are VERY important when they are sugar, palm sugar, honey, coconut milk... that's not food its a desert...

Well, I checked out this sight and it's certainly not how I prepare my Masaman curry. I never use sugar, there's no need, and certainly not 2 tablespoons! Also, using coconut milk without adding the equivalent water is crazy! Always do half and half. If you want to be further slimming in your recipe use reduced fat coconut milk!

If you are adding fish sauce at the end there's certainly no need to add salt either. If you feel you need a little sweetness to cut through the spices, use a sweet soy sauce instead.

The calorie content of my Masaman would be less than half the recipe in this link.

I am not sure about the calorific value of Thai food but I have piled on the weight over the last five years. I saw a picture of myself on Koh Chang five years ago and I was fairly slim. I am about 82kg now and I was 72kg. I also think that it is the fact that I exercise less now. I also eat too much sticky rice which, according to my wife, makes you fat.

I am not sure about the calorific value of Thai food but I have piled on the weight over the last five years. I saw a picture of myself on Koh Chang five years ago and I was fairly slim. I am about 82kg now and I was 72kg. I also think that it is the fact that I exercise less now. I also eat too much sticky rice which, according to my wife, makes you fat.

Wow, 82kg? What height are you? You do obviously have to exercise to burn off the cals. And remember, it's not the sticky rice, it's what you have with the sticky rice! :o

Wow, 82kg? What height are you? You do obviously have to exercise to burn off the cals. And remember, it's not the sticky rice, it's what you have with the sticky rice! :o

I dunno, I live in the North too and the consumption of sticky rice does seem to make a difference. A mate of mine moved to BKK and lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks due to drinking less beer and no sticky rice at all!

MCL