Phuket’s Cafe Del Mar faces police action over noise pollution

webfact

3 days there was a party of a ordination of a monk ... There was so much noise and music in that temple more than 5 km away that we had to raise the sound of our television as it looked like they near our house to party. Phetcharat hospital was near the party scene and it is a shame that people don't have the brains that so loud music not only is giving eardamage, but how about patients in a hospital.. and nobody will do anything about it. This Saturday there is a Likae show planned in a temple and it will be the same again and than there is a temple nearby a 9 day party .... Complaining is not done and Thais complain but don't inform the officials... There should be checking by the police and they always turn on the volume more after 10 pm instead of playing softer....  

• Agree 2

A resolution was reached whereby the music would be kept at an acceptable level henceforth. This will be monitored over the next week.

Then back to normal, crank up the volume?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

When I lived on Samui years ago I had a house on the side of the hill across the bay from The Ark Bar. They were such an incredible nuisance with huge speakers facing out towards the sea and the volume turned up so loud that my sliding glass doors would shake for hours and hours during the evening.

The authorities never had any interest in addressing it. It was horrendous.