A quick question about applying for a 60 day visa while in Thailand

Hi to everyone. How long after entering Thailand can I apply for the 60 day extension ? That would be the first step to eventually apply for a retirement extension.I was given a 30 day visa-free period of stay at the airport and I have 15 more days left

Edited by Barry864

8 minutes ago, Barry864 said:

How long after entering Thailand can I apply for the 60 day extension ?

Based on what would you be applying, do you have a Thai wife or Thai children?

Otherwise you can only get another 30 days, added to your initial 30 days given when you entered.

In either case, depending on your local immigration office, you can usually apply a couple of weeks before your permission to stay expires. There are some exceptions though, someone might be able to advice if you let us know where you plan to apply. 

No thai wife or children. I plan to apply for retirement extension at Jomtien. My 30 day visa free entry stamp expires on 5 February.  I wonder if I can apply this coming Monday, would that be too late ?

Edited by Barry864

OP, your plan is to enter visa exempt (you have done that already already 15 days in)

Next step to to obtain non O retirement.

You will first need to obtain to obtain 30 day extension prior to the non O as you require 15+ days remaining on your permission of stay to apply for non O

The non O gives a 90 day stamp and in last 30 days with funds having been in bank for two months you obtain 12 month extension. 

There is ongoing financial requirements.

Do you have a Thai bank account in your name only? 

Outlined in many threads 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1311886-visa-exempt-to-retirement-extension-process-and-cost/

https://aseannow.com/topic/1282251-visa-exempt-to-non-o-retirement-dates/

EDIT: I just saw you post Jomtien.

That rogue office is currently requiring funds in bank required for 2 months PRIOR to applying for the non O.

Currently not sure if they are back in line or still using their own rule book.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, your plan is to enter visa exempt (you have done that already already 15 days in)

Next step to to obtain non O retirement.

You will first need to obtain to obtain 30 day extension prior to the non O as you require 15+ days remaining on your permission of stay to apply for non O

The non O gives a 90 day stamp and in last 30 days with funds having been in bank for two months you obtain 12 month extension. 

There is ongoing financial requirements.

Do you have a Thai bank account in your name only? 

Outlined in many threads 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1311886-visa-exempt-to-retirement-extension-process-and-cost/

https://aseannow.com/topic/1282251-visa-exempt-to-non-o-retirement-dates/

EDIT: I just saw you post Jomtien.

That rogue office is currently requiring funds in bank required for 2 months PRIOR to applying for the non O.

Currently not sure if they are back in line or still using their own rule book.

I have the funds untouched for many months already. Last year I applied and was given a 3 month visa as the first step towards retiremnt but for seriousfamily reasons I had to leave the country before being able to apply for the 2nd step and missed the dates. Now I have to repeat the process all over gain but I don't know if  I go on Monday if there is enough time left on my permission to stay  to apply for the 3 month visa

11 minutes ago, Barry864 said:

All financial requirements are in order. So do I need to apply for a 30  day extension now or for a non-O as the first step towards retirement extension ?

Would seem you only have 15 days left on your visa exempt entry.

That is not enough hence need to obtain extension. 

There is also a problem with that at Jomtien immigration. 

Some reports of them only providing the 30 day extension close to expiry of your permission of stay. 

You need to check with Jomitien if they are doing non O from visa exempt entry. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Barry864 said:

I have the funds untouched for many months already

From your above  post I notice you have already had funds in bank for more than 2 months. 

You need to get confirmation from Jomtien that they will process the non O application.

You could do at same day as application for 30 day extension. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Would seem you only have 15 days left on your visa exempt entry.

That is not enough hence need to obtain extension. 

There is also a problem with that at Jomtien immigration. 

Some reports of them only providing the 30 day extension close to expiry of your permission of stay. 

You need to check with Jomitien if they are doing non O from visa exempt entry. 

Thanks a lot. Will go there on Monday morning with all the papers ready and see what happens

Just now, Barry864 said:

Thanks a lot. Will go there on Monday morning with all the papers ready and see what happens

Have TM30 with you for 30 day extension 

Also check what they require for address for the non O

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

From your above  post I notice you have already had funds in bank for more than 2 months. 

You need to get confirmation from Jomtien that they will process the non O application.

You could do at same day as application for 30 day extension. 

Do you know if they still require a map of the location of your residence ? (not mentioned on the pattaya expats link above)

29 minutes ago, Barry864 said:

Do you know if they still require a map of the location of your residence ? (not mentioned on the pattaya expats link above)

Here are the jomtien specific requirements for a non-imm O (includes the rogue requirement for 800k baht in bank for 2 months which is normally only for the 12 month extension)

Doesn't mention the map drawing

2023_10_11 07_51 Office Lens.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thumbs Up 1