Miicrowave Oven Repair in CM...Cheaper Options?

GammaGlobulin

What are the best places to locally repair microwave ovens in Chiang Mai?

And, how to get faster service?

And, are there any services that will repair at home (onsite)?

For out of warranty, only, and sending back to company service center, for Panasonic, is not an option.

This is the second time I need to repair the same oven.

The first time, I had the capacitor replaced.

And, I suspect that the problem is the same as last time, a bad capacitor.

I am sure that the magnetron is still fine and has years of life left in it.

Just a matter of finding out why the capacitor is failing repeatedly, and replacing with a more reliable capacitor.

Of course, microwave ovens are cheap, these days, and maybe this is why they do not last long.

However, last time I paid Bt.400 to replace the capacitor, and that is better than buying a new machine, which might also fail.

(I use three microwaves simultaneously, routinely, to prepare a meal.  And, the Panasonic puts out slightly more energy than the other two Electrolux machines.

So, what kind of local shops repair such things?

Maybe a Mom and Pop shop?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

What are the best places to locally repair microwave ovens in Chiang Mai?

you could do that. or you could throw it in the garbage where it belongs. 

the first 45 seconds ...

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, stoner said:

you could do that. or you could throw it in the garbage where it belongs. 

the first 45 seconds ...

Sticking my head in one is not my idea of the best way to keep on keeping on...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

That was not an answer to the question that was asked?

How many years have you lived in CM?

From your previous unbelievable statements on your many pointless topics you have lived here for some considerable time and have used many electronic devices including computers etc and yet you are now asking about a shop to repair such devices etc!

Any chance of a straight answer!

Or are you still tired after your marathon 48 hours or more continuous posting session that was reported on another thread?

Anyway, I have never repaired an electrical device in CM at any shop.

The last time I replaced a capacitor this was done by an electrician during one of his visits, but he has disappeared now.

So, I need to consider a different option.

• Haha 1

You could try  Amorn at Big C on the Super Highway , they fix all kinds of stuff like that,

but you would have to take it in ,and they are usually busy so could take a week.

regards worgeordie

7 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

You could try  Amorn at Big C on the Super Highway , they fix all kinds of stuff like that,

but you would have to take it in ,and they are usually busy so could take a week.

regards worgeordie

I will try that.

Big C is convenient as I can do shopping at the same time.

I am not in a hurry, as I always have backups for electrical appliances purchased in Thailand.

Hence, my choice to have 3 microwave ovens, at least.  Probably I will buy a fourth while at Big C.

Regards

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

an electrician during one of his visits, but he has disappeared now.

That might be an omen.  If repaired and not re-sealed properly you could have a radiation area larger than the immediate microwave.  Having repaired myself would strongly advise using only factory type service as it is just way too easy to neglect to attach some parts of the shielding/body - and the fan repair person is unlikely to even be concerned with such things.  Could this be a factor in the number of us developing cataracts here?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3068822/

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

That might be an omen.  If repaired and not re-sealed properly you could have a radiation area larger than the immediate microwave.  Having repaired myself would strongly advise using only factory type service as it is just way too easy to neglect to attach some parts of the shielding/body - and the fan repair person is unlikely to even be concerned with such things.  Could this be a factor in the number of us developing cataracts here?

Re cataracts, I do not know.

However, I think that some of the factory service being carried out might also not ensure that all is 100-percent put back and installed the way it should be, according to original design and specs.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Bearing this in mind, there are many microwaves now on the market and some of them are not expensive at all, so has the OP tried looking at a new one??

• Agree 2

28 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Bearing this in mind, there are many microwaves now on the market and some of them are not expensive at all, so has the OP tried looking at a new one??

Yes.

It's not the expense of the microwave ovens that causes me to wish to fix my Panasonic machine.

Panasonic no longer produces microwaves, I was told.

And, I like my old Panasonic, and therefore would opt to fix it if this can be done in a safe way.

The newer Electrolux machines are super cheap!

18 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

(I use three microwaves simultaneously, routinely, to prepare a meal.  And, the Panasonic puts out slightly more energy than the other two Electrolux machines.

What a crazy way to cook.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

What a crazy way to cook.

1000 Watts from Panasonic

850 Watts from the other two.

150 Watts of extra umph/energy from the Panasonic magnetron makes a significant difference.

Also...

Here is the logic:

Machine ONE:  Omelet

Machine TWO:  Reheat Rice in Bowl

Machine Three:  Cabbage soup with Ginger

Machine Four (in the offing):  Reheat Chicken Breast

This way, everything gets hot together.

Total wattage to run 4 machines simultaneously: No more than 4200 Watts  (I have heavy duty CBs...40 Amps, which is more than enough.)

There is a method to my madness, as you can see.

Everything I do is, basically, logical.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I would put you on Ignore, but your posts convince me that I am still sane and in full control of my actions,

What you describe is what we used to call...Rubber Necking....

Nobody can keep from staring at a car wreck, or a brawl in Pattaya, tragedies such as these.

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

1000 Watts from Panasonic

850 Watts from the other two.

150 Watts of extra umph/energy from the Panasonic magnetron makes a significant difference.

Also...

Here is the logic:

Machine ONE:  Omelet

Machine TWO:  Reheat Rice in Bowl

Machine Three:  Cabbage soup with Ginger

Machine Four (in the offing):  Reheat Chicken Breast

This way, everything gets hot together.

Total wattage to run 4 machines simultaneously: No more than 4200 Watts  (I have heavy duty CBs...40 Amps, which is more than enough.)

There is a method to my madness, as you can see.

Everything I do is, basically, logical.

The rice, soup and chicken must take at the most 1 minute each in your super Panasonic machine. Just the right amount of time to cook the omelette in a pan.    That's logical.

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

What you describe is what we used to call...Rubber Necking....

Nobody can keep from staring at a car wreck, or a brawl in Pattaya, tragedies such as these.

You may have called it Rubber Necking. I call it 'Let's see what bilge Gamma has posted today'

• Like 1

Just now, KannikaP said:

The rice, soup and chicken must take at the most 1 minute each in your super Panasonic machine. Just the right amount of time to cook the omelette in a pan.    That's logical.

I have no pan.

I do not need a pan.

I do not wash pans.

And, it takes 4 minutes to heat up a bowl of cabbage soup, straight out of the fridge.

Omelets from the freezer take two nukings of 2 minutes per nuke.

Rice from fridge takes 4 minutes.

Chicken breast from freezer takes 1.5 minutes, plus final 1.5 minutes.

Believe me.....

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I have no pan.

I do not need a pan.

I do not wash pans.

And, it takes 4 minutes to heat up a bowl of cabbage soup, straight out of the fridge.

Omelets from the freezer take two nukings of 2 minutes per nuke.

Rice from fridge takes 4 minutes.

Chicken breast from freezer takes 1.5 minutes, plus final 1.5 minutes.

Believe me.....

How were the dishes cooked originally?

I can guarantee that a one-portion bowl of rice or soup, taken out of the fridge 10 minutes earlier, takes no longer than 1 minute in my 800 watt waver.

It is not good to wave stuff directly out of the freezer, let it defrost first. 

Then to be even more logical/efficient, take the bowls and plates into the shower with you!

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

How were the dishes cooked originally?

I can guarantee that a one-portion bowl of rice or soup, taken out of the fridge 10 minutes earlier, takes no longer than 1 minute in my 800 watt waver.

It is not good to wave stuff directly out of the freezer, let it defrost first. 

Freezer directly to microwave is GOOD.

Saves MUCHO Timo...

Chicken breast cooked in convection oven.

Cabbage cooked in slow cooker.

Omelet cooked in wok by my restaurant chef.

Rice cooked in one of my two Panasonic family-size rice steamers.

Why is it not good to go directly from freezer to nuke, in case of chicken breast/

Or from fridge to nuke, in the case of rice, cabbage soup?

Any particular accepted, peer-reviewed evidence you have to support your claim?