Miicrowave Oven Repair in CM...Cheaper Options?

GammaGlobulin

6 minutes ago, AnnaBanana said:

You both seem to be on the edge of the abyss.

Too much time on your hands has resulted in dangerously high post counts.

Thailand is one of the last places in the world where you would want to go off the deep end.

Sorry Anna, yes, I do spend too much time replying to this rubbish. I shall try to stop, but it's like a red rag to a bull when I see his posts. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed...  two posters specifically (both names beginning with G) start such inane posts the mind boggles... 

What starts off as a 'seemingly genuine question' soon turns into a spiel of rambling bumf...  

The question could be taken at face value of course, however, the door opens to being dragged down the rabbit hole of inanity in the face of self aggrandisement. 

Anyway... I thought he (Gamma) was in Japan trying to pull the fluff with his supreme intellect.....   

Yes Richard. Only had Pago Pago, Microwaves, and Chinese schools today. 

As for the one 'on my mind on my mind' I despair sometimes.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Yes Richard. Only had Pago Pago, Microwaves, and Chinese schools today. 

As for the one 'on my mind on my mind' I despair sometimes.

Oh blast... I just realised I got suckered into commenting one of those threads without checking who started it... 

(comments since deleted so as not to feed the....)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AnnaBanana said:

Thailand is one of the last places in the world where you would want to go off the deep end.

Maybe our dreams could come true and they join hands to topple over that edge!

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Anyway... I thought he (Gamma) was in Japan trying to pull the fluff with his supreme intellect.....   

As I stated in another of the OP's asinine threads we do not know which country he lives in but we know he is definitely in "Cloud Cuckoo Land"!

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

As I stated in another of the OP's asinine threads we do not know which country he lives in but we know he is definitely in "Cloud Cuckoo Land"!

Or he is the greatest P.55 taker ever.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

English only on Asean Now please. 

These two words ARE accepted and spoken in everyday English.

Same with GongHo, for example, and many other examples of borrowed words in English.

Gung ho is an English term, with the current meaning of 'overly enthusiastic or energetic.

Toro is the same...

Ole is the same....

Gung ho is borrowed from the Chinese, I believe.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

These two words ARE accepted and spoken in everyday English.

Same with GongHo, for example, and many other examples of borrowed words in English.

Gung ho is an English term, with the current meaning of 'overly enthusiastic or energetic.

Toro is the same...

Ole is the same....

Gung ho is borrowed from the Chinese, I believe.

Yeh, bungalow and curry are Indian.

• Like 1

THREE microwaves?

I have an air fryer, a microwave and an induction heater, to prepare my food in a civilized and diverse fashion. Have you ever tried to poach eggs in a microwave?

Apart from any other considerations, I can guarantee my appliances take up less room.

The Mongols used to cook all their food on their war shields. IMO three microwaves is the modern equivalent of their culinary barbarism.

Edited by Lacessit

34 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

THREE microwaves?

I have an air fryer, a microwave and an induction heater, to prepare my food in a civilized and diverse fashion. Have you ever tried to poach eggs in a microwave?

Apart from any other considerations, I can guarantee my appliances take up less room.

The Mongols used to cook all their food on their war shields. IMO three microwaves is the modern equivalent of their culinary barbarism.

I need FOUR Microwaves, as already stated.

Simple Logic, and why are you unable to follow it?

I want all my dishes piping hot AT THE SAME TIME.

Let us say, just for argument's sake, you have ...

a. bowl of rice

b. cabbage and ginger soup

c. five-egg omelet 

d. one chicken breast

e. Two AirCons going full blast....

What do you do to get all four dishes heated to the desired temps at the SAME TIME?

Obviously:  The only SENSIBLE thing to do is to obtain FOUR Microwaves and NUKE the four dishes at the same time.  Anyway, this is what I do.  I have one microwave in the kitchen, one microwave in the living room, and one microwave in my study.  But, next week, I will go to Big-C, and get my Panasonic microwave repaired, and buy one new microwave....

Then, I will have...

One in the kitchen

One in the living room

One in my study

And, one in my bedroom....

Capisce?

Makes plenty of sense when you consider the logic of it all, or, of them all...

Note:  Mr. L.... I am NOT joking about this. I have tried various other solutions, and the only way to get four dishes hot at the same time...so that I can enjoy my meals, is to have FOUR microwaves....

In addition:  These days, microwave ovens are super cheap, and I would say TOO cheap.  So, for about Bt.2800 time FOUR, you can have enough equipment to do what I need to do...  AND, I recall the day we bought our first microwave oven, sometime around 1967, or so, ....  That microwave was SUPER expensive, and much more high-powered, and lasted a LONG time.

The brand name of our first microwave....?

I think it began with an L...

But, I forget....

Note2:  I just recall, in 1967, I was at that age when I enjoyed exploding raw eggs in the oven....BOOM!

Edited by GammaGlobulin

17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Understandable...  at least we now know how you are managing to cook up all these inane threads !!!!  :whistling:

Yes.

Now you know.

And now, after reading your comment...I know...why...I...so much...

Love TV!

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I need FOUR Microwaves, as already stated.

Simple Logic, and why are you unable to follow it?

I want all my dishes piping hot AT THE SAME TIME.

Let us say, just for argument's sake, you have ...

a. bowl of rice

b. cabbage and ginger soup

c. five-egg omelet 

d. one chicken breast

e. Two AirCons going full blast....

What do you do to get all four dishes heated to the desired temps at the SAME TIME?

Obviously:  The only SENSIBLE thing to do is to obtain FOUR Microwaves and NUKE the four dishes at the same time.  Anyway, this is what I do.  I have one microwave in the kitchen, one microwave in the living room, and one microwave in my study.  But, next week, I will go to Big-C, and get my Panasonic microwave repaired, and buy one new microwave....

Then, I will have...

One in the kitchen

One in the living room

One in my study

And, one in my bedroom....

Capisce?

Makes plenty of sense when you consider the logic of it all, or, of them all...

Note:  Mr. L.... I am NOT joking about this. I have tried various other solutions, and the only way to get four dishes hot at the same time...so that I can enjoy my meals, is to have FOUR microwaves....

In addition:  These days, microwave ovens are super cheap, and I would say TOO cheap.  So, for about Bt.2800 time FOUR, you can have enough equipment to do what I need to do...  AND, I recall the day we bought our first microwave oven, sometime around 1967, or so, ....  That microwave was SUPER expensive, and much more high-powered, and lasted a LONG time.

The brand name of our first microwave....?

I think it began with an L...

But, I forget....

Note2:  I just recall, in 1967, I was at that age when I enjoyed exploding raw eggs in the oven....BOOM!

Dear me, you do like making life difficult for yourself.

Why not eat the dishes one after the other? You mean you can eat four dishes all at once, all piping hot? Your gullet must have an asbestos lining.

I can enjoy my meal by eating dishes in succession.

For example, I will start with a lemon soda, some roasted almonds, and bamboo + chili. No heating needed.

Next cab off the rank is mixed vegetable - broccoli, cauliflower and beans cooked on the induction heater. Topped off with Mainland vintage cheese, or Edam.

The air fryer will do sausages, beef patties, steak, pork, salmon and chicken. About 8-10 garlic pods go in as well, I love roasted garlic.

Dessert is either icecream, or a mix of my own cold stewed apple and ginger, with Kellogg's bran flakes and yoghurt. Great for regularity. Again, no cooking needed.

Finally, tinned coffee heated in the microwave. Having left the tin, of course.

I suppose you do get some exercise by running back and forth to the microwaves.

The Chinese you admire - don't they have dishes served one after the other?

Edited by Lacessit

29 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Why not eat the dishes one after the other? You mean you can eat four dishes all at once, all piping hot? Your gullet must have an asbestos lining.

I can enjoy my meal by eating dishes in succession.

No Way, Jose!

I like to get everything together at one time, and at one sitting.

I was brought up this way at our dinner table when I was young.

We had a Black Mamba who would serve our meal at dinnertime.

And, she would first serve the soup, after lighting the candles.

And then we would have various dishes spread out, all piping hot, on the tablecloth...

And, after we had had our fill, then we could have dessert.

This is why I like to have everything hot at the same time.

If my rice is not hot when the cabbage is hot, then how can you eat either one, since they must be eaten together.

This is the way it should be.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, AnnaBanana said:

Nobody here is on the verge of going off the deep end.

However, there is a very poor speller amongst us, and I am the culprit.

Rubbernecking is what I intended to write, and not Rubber Necking, something that I never tried when I was a teen.

Also, one can never have too much time on one's hands, especially when one reaches his or her seventh decade.

The problem is that there is just not as much time as we would like.

When we age, time becomes compressed and passes ever more quickly.

When you get to be my age, you will experience this phenomenon directly.

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

No Way, Jose!

I like to get everything together at one time, and at one sitting.

I was brought up this way at our dinner table when I was young.

We had a Black Mamba who would serve our meal at dinnertime.

And, she would first serve the soup, after lighting the candles.

And then we would have various dishes spread out, all piping hot, on the tablecloth...

And, after we had had our fill, then we could have dessert.

This is why I like to have everything hot at the same time.

If my rice is not hot when the cabbage is hot, then how can you eat either one, since they must be eaten together.

This is the way it should be.

I evidently had a deprived childhood. My parents had no servants to serve dishes in the way you describe. We were not social climbers either, none of Hyacinth Bucket's candlelit suppers for us.

My religious instruction was also deficient. There was no Eleventh Commandment which decreed thou shalt eat rice and cabbage hot, and together.

Cabbage is an excellent low-carb food, rice is not.

A Black Mamba is one of the most lethal reptiles on the planet, surpassed only by the Australian taipan. Did fear rule your dinner table?

IMO you were conditioned to eat this way, as surely as if you attended a madrassa.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I evidently had a deprived childhood. My parents had no servants to serve dishes in the way you describe. We were not social climbers either, none of Hyacinth Bucket's candlelit suppers for us.

My religious instruction was also deficient. There was no Eleventh Commandment which decreed thou shalt eat rice and cabbage hot, and together.

Cabbage is an excellent low-carb food, rice is not.

A Black Mamba is one of the most lethal reptiles on the planet, surpassed only by the Australian taipan. Did fear rule your dinner table?

IMO you were conditioned to eat this way, as surely as if you attended a madrassa.

What?

No microwave oven?

No color TV?

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

What?

No microwave oven?

No color TV?

Affordable counter-top microwaves did not appear in stores until the late 1970's, I am talking 1950's. IIRC my parents did not get a B&W TV until after I had left home.

On 1/22/2024 at 7:34 AM, Lacessit said:

Affordable counter-top microwaves did not appear in stores until the late 1970's, I am talking 1950's. IIRC my parents did not get a B&W TV until after I had left home.

As I mentioned above, the name of our first Microwave Oven, probably around the year 1967 to 1969, began with an L...

I wracked by brain(s), and was able to recall that it was a LITTON oven.

Quite large and very well made.

Also...somewhat expensive....

I wish things today were still built with as much quality as this old Litton oven!

Plenty of power.

And, big enough for an entire turkey...too...!

image.png.3a60ebf60142fc53190ea33379302860.png

Does anyone here have any idea/opinion concerning the best microwave available in Thailand/CM...under Bt.3000?

Some here have told me to chuck my Panasonic machine.

The capacitor has already burned out twice.

And, as has been stated, repair here in CM might not be the safest option.

Therefore, I have taken to heart the views expressed in this thread.

And, I am prepared to splurge on a new third microwave oven.

It's only a question of WHICH....

Here are two that I found on the internet, but I doubt I can buy these two in Thailand.

Ovens are cheap in Thailand...some might say...and in more ways than one.

image.png.bc2803046f71a0f6737d28fca5d47b21.png

So...what oven might be best?

What would you buy?

Such a small expenditure, I almost hate to bother anyone here about this....

But, still, I thought I would ask, anyway....

Tks!

NOTE:  I need a machine with a magnetron that delivers at least 1000 watts of microwave energy to the food....

Edited by GammaGlobulin