Chinese Tourist Fatally Falls from Speed Boat at the Similan Islands in Phang Nga

5 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Unlikely, he's dead.

sorry edwinchester,  my bad,   I only read the story quickly and it said they transferred him to hospital so i thought he was only injured.

No fried rice for him then .... 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, impulse said:

With over a billion people, perhaps there's someone named after 2 provinces (Qinghai and Shandong), but I find it unlikely that would be the one in the news.  That would be like a guy named California Texas. 

If that's what his ID says, I'd be looking to see if it's genuine.

very observant Impulse.  I'm impressed ....

Nothing to say how he 'Fell' sounds like he had a heart attack, or something. Did the Crew not rescue him?   Rhetorical questions; Do they not know CPR? I guess no life jacket worn. He must have drowned very quickly or did he get hit by the prop. 'First aid' ? no mention of CPR.

Half a story.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Nothing to say how he 'Fell' sounds like he had a heart attack, or something. Did the Crew not rescue him?   Rhetorical questions; Do they not know CPR? I guess no life jacket worn. He must have drowned very quickly or did he get hit by the prop. 'First aid' ? no mention of CPR.

Half a story.

Indeed...  how does someone 'fatally fall' from a speed boat ??? - a ridiculously incomplete and vague story.... 

Perhaps the author; Kittisak Phalaharn, could redirect his passion for outgoings no matter how tough and redirect them it accurate journalism !!!! 

If this is the same story... (link below), it would appear that the deceased fell over board then drowned...   Which lends to the question, how long did it take them to get to him after he fell overboard ?

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/chinese-tourist-drowns-during-similan-islands-tour

• Agree 2

28 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed...  how does someone 'fatally fall' from a speed boat ??? - a ridiculously incomplete and vague story.... 

Perhaps the author; Kittisak Phalaharn, could redirect his passion for outgoings no matter how tough and redirect them it accurate journalism !!!! 

If this is the same story... (link below), it would appear that the deceased fell over board then drowned...   Which lends to the question, how long did it take them to get to him after he fell overboard ?

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/chinese-tourist-drowns-during-similan-islands-tour

And I thought, now all had to wear life jackets..... I believe the BP story has more credibility, he was swimming and did not 'Fall off'.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, impulse said:

With over a billion people, perhaps there's someone named after 2 provinces (Qinghai and Shandong), but I find it unlikely that would be the one in the news.  That would be like a guy named California Texas. 

Devon Lancashire does not agree.

11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
8 hours ago, impulse said:

Devon Lancashire does not agree.

Excellent find.

I'm not saying it can't happen.  But I've met thousands of guys here in China (where I sit typing this the day after a nice respite in Bangkok weather) and I've never met one named Shandong or Qinghai.  Let alone Qinghai Shandong.  I'm just saying it's worth looking into. 

Maybe there's a province I've never been to, with names like that.

Edited by impulse

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

That report makes no mention of his falling overboard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

And I thought, now all had to wear life jackets..... I believe the BP story has more credibility, he was swimming and did not 'Fall off'.

Well... I'm not sure about the credibility of that... he most certainly wasn't 'swimming' !!!... 

... but, I do get your meaning....   But, if he couldn't swim, why would he 'try' ?? wouldn't he know he couldn't swim before attempting to do so ?... OR cramped up ? heart attack etc ?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

sorry edwinchester,  my bad,   I only read the story quickly and it said they transferred him to hospital so i thought he was only injured.

No fried rice for him then .... 

it was the use of the word fatal in the headline that gave it away for me. 

3 minutes ago, stoner said:

it was the use of the word fatal in the headline that gave it away for me. 

yes,  I didn't read the headline ....  I went straight to the story teacher. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yes,  I didn't read the headline ....  I went straight to the story teacher. 

i also saw it when i chose to open the thread before i even had a chance to read the story. lets chalk it up to the chang. 

• Thumbs Up 1