E Visa help. 3 separate plane tickets

I’m an American applying for my E-visa online on thaievisa.go.th

The third party app that I bought my plane tickets from are issuing my tickets as 3 tickets.

From America: Tx to LA and then LA to Korea, then Korea to BKK. I can only upload 1 ticket to the visa application right? But  it will only show Korea to BKK… but, all of my other information on the application says that I'm coming from America. Do you think it's ok that I only upload only my 3rd and last ticket, which is Korea to BKK?

Will that confuse them or cause problems? 

If no one else has any other ideas… 

I thought of an idea to maybe help the situation. Do you think I should actually write on my ticket that this is the 3rd ticket of 3 and put the other departures on it so they don't get confused?

Though.. it might be in pdf format which I’m not sure I can edit… any help is much appreciated!!!! Thank you. So much!!

(side question.. does anybody know how to get your tickets faster from trip.com? I buy from them all the time, but this time they said it might take 4 or 5 days and km running short on time to get applied for my visa.)

As I understand it, you must upload tickets showing the destination of the country you are in when applying for the e-visa, and the final destination. In your case that would be all 3 tickets.

10 minutes ago, Dorian999 said:

I’m an American applying for my E-visa online on thaievisa.go.th

The third party app that I bought my plane tickets from are issuing my tickets as 3 tickets.

From America: Tx to LA and then LA to Korea, then Korea to BKK. I can only upload 1 ticket to the visa application right? But  it will only show Korea to BKK… but, all of my other information on the application says that I'm coming from America. Do you think it's ok that I only upload only my 3rd and last ticket, which is Korea to BKK?

Will that confuse them or cause problems? 

If no one else has any other ideas… 

I thought of an idea to maybe help the situation. Do you think I should actually write on my ticket that this is the 3rd ticket of 3 and put the other departures on it so they don't get confused?

Though.. it might be in pdf format which I’m not sure I can edit… any help is much appreciated!!!! Thank you. So much!!

(side question.. does anybody know how to get your tickets faster from trip.com? I buy from them all the time, but this time they said it might take 4 or 5 days and km running short on time to get applied for my visa.)

are you saying you have 3 different flight tickets or are you saying you have 1 flight with 2 transfers giving you 3 "boarding passes"?

13 minutes ago, Dan O said:

are you saying you have 3 different flight tickets or are you saying you have 1 flight with 2 transfers giving you 3 "boarding passes"?

Yes I have 3 different flight tickets that I bought grouped together in an app. I can only upload 1 of them onto the visa website. Not sure what to do. The only one showing I’m arriving to bkk is the last ticket which shows my layover in Korea to bkk.  

16 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

“As I understand it, you must upload tickets showing the destination of the country you are in when applying for the e-visa, and the final destination. In your case that would be all 3 tickets”

I have 3 different flight tickets that I bought grouped together in an app. I can only upload 1 of them onto the visa website. Not sure what to do. The only one showing I’m arriving to bkk is the last ticket which shows my layover in Korea thst goes Bangkok. 

24 minutes ago, flyingtlger said:

YES...

Are you saying, yes, I can put only the Korea to Bangkok ticket on the application? Are you sure? Everyone on here seems to be saying something different, so far. Or are you saying yes to my idea to try to edit the ticket to include the other travel info.. or yes to both? 

2 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Can you not just stitch the three PDF's together into a single file and upload it?

I will try to do this. Does it need to all fit on one page. Or can they actually open multiple page pdf’s on their end? 
Or should I stitch them all into one page? I feel that would lose quality and make it blurry when they zoomed in. I know they are sticklers for clearly seen good quality images and files. 

14 minutes ago, Dorian999 said:

I will try to do this. Does it need to all fit on one page. Or can they actually open multiple page pdf’s on their end? 
Or should I stitch them all into one page? I feel that would lose quality and make it blurry when they zoomed in. I know they are sticklers for clearly seen good quality images and files. 

If they can open pdf-files, then they can read whats inside no matter how many pages.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

As I understand it, you must upload tickets showing the destination of the country you are in when applying for the e-visa, and the final destination. In your case that would be all 3 tickets.

You understand it wrong, I have done a few e-visas and have never uploaded a ticket. All that has been required is the flight number for the leg arriving in Thailand.

There may be some variation between the visa types as there are many on offer, my experience is with Non O marriage.

• Agree 1

A reminder, keep your boarding passes ! There has been a lot of controversy about travelers loosing/ throwing away their boarding passes.

Just remember to keep them in your passport and give the Korea to Bangkok boarding pass to the immigration officer when you present your passport on arrival. 

4 hours ago, Dorian999 said:

I'm in UK but  using the same website to apply for visas.

In 2023, I had 2 one-way tickets for my trip instead of a return ticket.

I combined them into one PDF and uploaded that.  There are several ways to do that as have already been suggested; my method was:

I use Windows, so used Snipping Tool to take images of each tickets drop the images into a Word document, 1 page for each ticket and identify each as "Outward ticket" and "Return ticket".

Then, save that as a PDF.

The file size limits are told to you on the website but if the PDF uploads successfully, then its within limits.

Also, later in the process, you're given an opportunity to check your documents.

16 hours ago, VBF said:

I'm in UK but  using the same website to apply for visas.

A bit of a misleading statement. The website is central but webpages, what you see on the screen, are country specific. Applications are directed to the local embassy for processing.

6 hours ago, sandyf said:

A bit of a misleading statement. The website is central but webpages, what you see on the screen, are country specific. Applications are directed to the local embassy for processing.

No it's not misleading. The OP reported using  thaievisa.go.th which is the starting point and most importantly, the  "THAI E-VISA OFFICIAL WEBSITE"

That's important to confirm to the OP that we're on the same homepage as it were and not using some other unofficial site. Therefore my comments that followed were accurate and relevant. 

Certainly, when you enter your nationality and location, it directs you to the appropriate web pages but it is still the same, official web site.

FYI https://byjus.com/gate/difference-between-website-and-webpage/#:~:text=Website and Webpage-,Difference Between Webpage and Website,-Webpage VS Website

16 hours ago, VBF said:

No it's not misleading. The OP reported using  thaievisa.go.th which is the starting point and most importantly, the  "THAI E-VISA OFFICIAL WEBSITE"

That's important to confirm to the OP that we're on the same homepage as it were and not using some other unofficial site. Therefore my comments that followed were accurate and relevant. 

Certainly, when you enter your nationality and location, it directs you to the appropriate web pages but it is still the same, official web site.

FYI https://byjus.com/gate/difference-between-website-and-webpage/#:~:text=Website and Webpage-,Difference Between Webpage and Website,-Webpage VS Website

Of course you are free to believe what you want but the only thing that is central is the domain " thaievisa.go.th" which hosts a website made up of various webpages for each country.

There is a lot of garbage around evisas and saying something is the same when it is not doesn't help matters.

The e-visa was rolled out in China and then the UK, do you really think things were the same for the UK as for China, same URL.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, sandyf said:

Of course you are free to believe what you want but the only thing that is central is the domain " thaievisa.go.th" which hosts a website made up of various webpages for each country.

There is a lot of garbage around evisas and saying something is the same when it is not doesn't help matters.

The e-visa was rolled out in China and then the UK, do you really think things were the same for the UK as for China, same URL.

@sandyf It's not what I want to believe - it's the way in which websites work and use of the correct terminology is all. 

And in fact you're effectively saying the same as I said which is illustrated here  https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/difference-between-website-and-domain-name/#:~:text=1.,2.

"A domain name is the address that helps to identify and locate a website on the internet, while a website is a collection of web pages hosted on a server. "

And to break it down further the Country top level domain is actually .th with thaievisa.go being the second level domain.

So wherever one is in the world, one hits the domain thaievisa.go.th which represents a website containing webpages to which you are directed depending upon your data input (i.e. answers to certain questions including location and nationality)

To illustrate I've used the site from the UK in 2023 and 2024 - the data input required from me (documents uploaded as an example) has changed in that time.

See my post: https://aseannow.com/topic/1316462-application-process-for-tourist-evisa-from-london-as-of-january-2024/

Note my final paragraph - that may or may not be the same for applications from other countries - I wouldn't know.

Edited by VBF

17 hours ago, VBF said:

@sandyf It's not what I want to believe - it's the way in which websites work and use of the correct terminology is all. 

I was a self employed IT consultant for the last 10 years of my working life and don't need any lectures from you.

Bottom line is your statement was misleading in the way it was put, but historically you are never prepared to accept being in the wrong.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, sandyf said:

I was a self employed IT consultant for the last 10 years of my working life and don't need any lectures from you.

Bottom line is your statement was misleading in the way it was put, but historically you are never prepared to accept being in the wrong.

Lol 🤣🤣

I have a similar background to you, as it happens and there's a difference between being wrong, which I was not, and slightly ambiguous (possibly), which is how you chose to interpret it.

Your turn for the handbag? Or shall we just leave it there like gentlemen?

Edited by VBF