Phuket Immigration queues

When is the best time to arrive at Phuket immigration for a retirement extension. 

Last year I arrived at about 10am after my bank visit and it was pandemonium. The queue for the initial document check and queue number was more of a scrum than a queue. 

Is early afternoon better or do they fill their quota in the morning and tell you to come back the next day?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks. 

15 minutes ago, novster said:

When is the best time to arrive at Phuket immigration for a retirement extension

The earlier the better.

I'd rather go 1 hour earlier and wait than wait 2 hours after it officially opens....

Earlier is definitely better.  I last extended there about 6 months ago.  We arrived at about 9am and it wasn't too bad.   Then it continued to get busier after we arrived.

If I remember correctly, they only accept applications in the morning.

Thanks for the replies. 

(I agree getting there early would be best but my bank is located an hour or so away and doesn’t open until 8.30am so difficult to get there much before 10am). 

I did have an online appointment last year but there wasn’t a separate online queue so of no use. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, novster said:

(I agree getting there early would be best but my bank is located an hour or so away and doesn’t open until 8.30am so difficult to get there much before 10am)

Why do you need to use certain branch of your bank for bank letter etc.

Use branch closest to immigration 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/22/2024 at 9:17 AM, novster said:

When is the best time to arrive at Phuket immigration for a retirement extension. 

Last year I arrived at about 10am after my bank visit and it was pandemonium. The queue for the initial document check and queue number was more of a scrum than a queue. 

Is early afternoon better or do they fill their quota in the morning and tell you to come back the next day?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks. 

What i did was a few days before i went i visited there website and booked an online appointment. 

When i arrived at 1.25 pm i showed the official my appointment that i had printed out and i was honestly given the VIP treatment,  he ushered immediately into room 103 and there i met a female officer who was so friendly and helpful,i was in and out in about 10 minutes,  so that the next day when i collected my passport i gave her some chocolate and  I told her she had made my visit to the immigration a very pleasant experience and i will look forward to coming back next year. 

This was my 15th extension on retirement at Phuket,  and i have never been treated so in such a freindly way.received_1945940065825277.thumb.jpeg.d71c7f8cae9092eb3f75b1af4b96fc62.jpeg

Edited by Brick Top
  • Thumbs Up 2

They don't use the QueQ app in Phuket yet? In Samui when I park my bike I open the app and schedule an immediate appointment and by the time I get up the stairs they call my number.  Jumps me ahead of the 50 or so people waiting all day.

Edit: I just checked for you. They have it.  Thank me later and don't tell anyone. It's a secret.

IMG_20240123_213248.jpg

Edited by LikeItHot
  • Thumbs Up 1

Indeed they have it but last year having the booking made no difference to being seen ahead of everyone else queuing up. It may have just been a bad day at immigration and will give it another go this year. 

12 minutes ago, novster said:

Indeed they have it but last year having the booking made no difference to being seen ahead of everyone else queuing up. It may have just been a bad day at immigration and will give it another go this year. 

Be careful as the appointment came to my quickly but it went to my junk mail and i didn't see itin my phone only when i used my laptop a few days later. 

Also i printed it out , i didnt go via the young checkers outside but went streight into office at the side next to the drive through.