Who would you like for "Jurassic Prez" if a former US prez could be resurrected from DNA?

What if a former US president could be brought back to life like the dinos in Jurassic Park?

Not a serious possibility of course, but maybe an interesting "what if".

What US president from the past would you like to see brought back?

George Washington?

Abe Lincoln?

Teddy Roosevelt?

Ike? (My front runner.)

Millard Fillmore?

18 minutes ago, racyrick said:

Hubert Humphrey! I know not a past president but a Vice President. 

Good choice!

"Humphrey's colleagues nicknamed him the "happy warrior" because of his indefatigable optimism and spirited defense of the weakest members of society."

He was not someone I had thought of but good choice!

1 hour ago, cdemundo said:

What if a former US president could be brought back to life like the dinos in Jurassic Park?

Not a serious possibility of course, but maybe an interesting "what if".

What US president from the past would you like to see brought back?

George Washington?

Abe Lincoln?

Teddy Roosevelt?

Ike? (My front runner.)

Millard Fillmore?

None of the above.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sorry, even if it would be possible, it would be a stupid idea.

None of them would be able to understand the current modern world.

Just imagine you would take a smartphone from today (including internet infrastructure) back 50 years.

People would think you must be using alien technology. Nobody would believe what you can do buy touching a little piece of glass.

I guess part of the reason why so many things are crazy in the current world is the fact that technology grew too fast for peoples' minds to adjust. If any politician or celebrity writes something "wrong" on X one evening his/her life might be ruined by the time he wakes up. Would any of your former presidents be able to understand this? No.

Technology would be the first challenge as you say.

And I understand your point but I think that an intelligent person would adjust rather quickly.

Again, I know it would not be possible, it's just a way to stimulate thought and discussion.

2 hours ago, cdemundo said:

And I understand your point but I think that an intelligent person would adjust rather quickly.

I have my doubts.

I am still working and I have contact with all ages of people in my work. And of course I meet people outside of work.

I grew up without internet, without social media and without mobile phones.

I got used to mobile phones easily and later to smart phones. I like them.

But when I see mostly young people having their phone constantly in front of their face, even when they walk or drive, then I have a problem understanding what they are doing. And I had time to get used to this behavior over many years. I still don't know if they all think they can look at the street and the phone at the same time, or they think they are invincible, or they don't think at all, I just don't understand it.

Taking someone who didn't slowly get used to all this and put him in the middle of modern life just won't work. I am sure they would have a mental breakdown or something like that.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have my doubts.

I am still working and I have contact with all ages of people in my work. And of course I meet people outside of work.

I grew up without internet, without social media and without mobile phones.

I got used to mobile phones easily and later to smart phones. I like them.

But when I see mostly young people having their phone constantly in front of their face, even when they walk or drive, then I have a problem understanding what they are doing. And I had time to get used to this behavior over many years. I still don't know if they all think they can look at the street and the phone at the same time, or they think they are invincible, or they don't think at all, I just don't understand it.

Taking someone who didn't slowly get used to all this and put him in the middle of modern life just won't work. I am sure they would have a mental breakdown or something like that.

I see what you mean.

In any event I didn't intend the question quite that literally.

It was intended more along the lines of those questions that ask "who from history would you like to meet and have a talk with?".

22 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

It was intended more along the lines of those questions that ask "who from history would you like to meet and have a talk with?".

That is an interesting question and maybe it will be possible soon - kind of.

I saw and interview about AI, I think it was with Sam Altman. He predicted for the near future (I guess worst case a few years) that there will be AI trained on specific people or even books. So you could chat with Albert Einstein or Newton, and I guess possibly also talk with them - AI generated.

Another development will be to basically talk with a book. Instead of reading a book you could talk to AI which knows one or many books in details and the AI can use the knowledge and produce a conversation out of that.

Personally, I don't have a historic favorite to talk to. I.e. if I would be able to talk with Albert Einstein, what would be talk about? I don't have even 1% of his knowledge and I don't want that he would think: How can I explain that to this uneducated guy... 

• Thanks 1