Anyone Wanna Take Over A Classic Car Collection I Have In Chiangmai ?

Ta22

Thank you for the photos , i think there are 3 nice schoolboy racers and a nice schoolgirl racer , forum members should know that if its OLD then its a classic :o the scooter looks good........ wrong location for me though .

JB

I was 64 years of age last Friday, Guess that makes me a Classic :D Nignoy

either that or a rustbucket destined for the scrapheap :D

Thank you for the photos , i think there are 3 nice schoolboy racers and a nice schoolgirl racer , forum members should know that if its OLD then its a classic :D the scooter looks good........ wrong location for me though .

JB

Sorry all the metal in my chassis is either Titanium or Stainless steel and the odd lump of lead , no rust here mate :D had a new pump and pipes fitted 3 years ago ,have to reset the timing every 3 months and change the battery every 5 years and the doctors say I should run for ever :o Nignoy

So if I buy a rolling chasis 65 Mustang coupe do a frame up resto and throw in a Cleveland 351 instead of the 6 it origonally came from it's no longer a classic?

Absolutely correct, it's a modified car, if you have ever been to a classic car show, you will find out that judges of the cars will sometimes go so far as to check clearances on door and body panels. When you modify a car by either changing the body appearance or drive train then you take away from the originality of the car. You then end up with a hot rod. Let's say you take an old Model T and put in a big engine and all the new suspension and other little performance doodads, would you consider it a classic? No, it's NOT.

The OP is selling his "collection" to buy a couple of minis and whatever and then change the engines in them, wrong idea as far as I'm concerned because these little minis are getting more scarce every day. At the end of the day, it's UP2U or him what to do with your own cars. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I would add though that one isn't necessarily 'better' than the other, just different. Some people like to keep something completely stock, but then you can't deny that some 'hot rods' (or perhaps 'restrained hot rods') are absolute works of art. And then a third approach could be that a car must still be able to perform a function, and perform it well. That may mean making modifications that make/keep the car running well, be more easy/cheaper to service, use less fuel or perform better.

See I am into Restomods, Sure it's nice to see a thoroughbred Boss, but in reality so many of these cars have been rotting away in barns and are missing much of the origonal parts. I have been to quite a few classic shows, infact I went to College near Carisle PA. They seemed to have a car show every weekend in the summer. I will just agree to respect your opinion Snakebite but not partake in it. :cheers:

Thank you for the photos , i think there are 3 nice schoolboy racers and a nice schoolgirl racer , forum members should know that if its OLD then its a classic :D the scooter looks good........ wrong location for me though .

JB

Sorry all the metal in my chassis is either Titanium or Stainless steel and the odd lump of lead , no rust here mate :bah: had a new pump and pipes fitted 3 years ago ,have to reset the timing every 3 months and change the battery every 5 years and the doctors say I should run for ever :o Nignoy

you may be aware not all parts work as well as you get older, for example the push rod may need added lead to get it up and running, but dont despair theres an additive you can take to take care of that, ensure you take it easy as it may cause higher stress loads on the pump

sex018.gif :D