Thai baht could depreciate further against US dollar, says K-Research

webfact

20 minutes ago, william61 said:

Maybe it is only a part related to the USD, as also Euro is gaining value.
It is for a large part related to the poor performance of the Thai stocks and bonds. My Tisco retirement fund has been reducing a bit in value last months, even while more money is put in each month:sad:....

Yes agreed, the calculation for EURO/THB follows the same design as that of GBP/THB, they are both calculated via USD which has a direct relationship with the Baht, whereas the other two currencies are what is known as cross rates.

• Thanks 1

Better off with Gold or Bitcoin. All national currencies are back by nothing, fiat currencies that they just print to infinity.

Ensure you have most of your wealth outside of the system. Once Central Bank Digital Currencies come in, then our freedoms will be lost.

We will own nothing and be unhappy!

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, positivevibes said:

Better off with Gold or Bitcoin. All national currencies are back by nothing, fiat currencies that they just print to infinity.

Ensure you have most of your wealth outside of the system. Once Central Bank Digital Currencies come in, then our freedoms will be lost.

We will own nothing and be unhappy!

In any EOTW scenario the first to fail is the electricity and internet.

If the internet goes down, what use your bitcoin?

Shelf stable foods, an underground bunker, guns and ammo would be a far better investment than gold or bitcoin IMHO.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, TimBKK said:

I hear you about food/restaurant sticker shock - it’s real and more so returning for a visit from Thailand.  

But, at the risk of straying a bit off topic, you are wrong about consumer confidence, it is in fact surging:

”The University of Michigan's consumer sentiment for the US soared to 78.8 in January 2024, the highest since July 2021, compared to 69.7 in December and forecasts of 70, preliminary estimates showed. Consumer views were supported by confidence that inflation has turned a corner and strengthening income expectations...”

”Taking January and December together, consumer sentiment has climbed a cumulative 29%, the largest two-month increase since 1991 as a recession ended. For the second straight month, all five index components rose, with a 27% surge in the short-run outlook for business conditions and a 14% gain in current personal finances. source: University of Michigan

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/consumer-confidence#:~:text=January of 2024.-,Consumer Confidence in the United States increased to 78.80 points,macro models and analysts expectations.

No, I am not wrong about that. There's a big difference between surveys and boots on the ground. I have a business in America, I have many friends that have businesses in America, and they all say the same thing. Sales are way down, confidence is way down, and these studies mean nothing to us. They are abstract, we have no idea what questions they're asking, we have no idea how leading the questions are, and we have no idea what their agenda is. All we care about is real sales, and the discussions that we have with real consumers. Believe me, consumer confidence is way down. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

No, I am not wrong about that. There's a big difference between surveys and boots on the ground. I have a business in America, I have many friends that have businesses in America, and they all say the same thing. Sales are way down, confidence is way down, and these studies mean nothing to us. They are abstract, we have no idea what questions they're asking, we have no idea how leading the questions are, and we have no idea what their agenda is. All we care about is real sales, and the discussions that we have with real consumers. Believe me, consumer confidence is way down. 

Agree with you,

All the surveys and inflation figures are nothing but government propaganda. They screwed up the world economy with pointless COVID lockdowns, and now they try and lie themselves out of the hole they dug.

• Like 2

Good news for me, if it translates to sterling; did notice we're going over 45 recently. I was expecting sterling to plummet, given the dire state of the UK economy, was doing my personal financial planning along those lines, so if it stays steady or increases, it's all a bonus. Still expect sterling to plummet eventually, hopefully with a more extended timeline than I originally thought, I may even be dead by the time it all comes fully to fruition (555).

would the 34 trillion dollars debt have something to do with it and printing money like there is no tomorrow?  with 3 trillion dollars a year in interest, which is bigger then many countries whole GDP ?

but research from banks... they always pushing an agenda, same same as everybody...

On 1/26/2024 at 10:51 AM, Guderian said:

Could the Baht's decline since the start of the year be in any way linked to the fact that hundreds of thousands of expats are no longer remitting money into Thai Baht on a regular basis due to the taxation uncertainty?

you feel as farang to important

its just a small part of the economy ,and your and other remitancce sure not influence the price of THB

and just send money to thai  20.1.24 over 10k usd , and nothing charged  ohh 500thb for receiving and sending from us was free

no tax charges and there will no tax charges minimum for next 3 years

to much blabla and speculation  for nonesense

• Confused 1

On 1/27/2024 at 6:38 PM, spidermike007 said:

. I have a business in America, I have many friends that have businesses in America, and they all say the same thing. Sales are way down, confidence is way down, and these studies mean nothing to us. They are abstract, we have no idea what questions they're asking, we have no idea how leading the questions are, 

the real economy is already in bad shape since a decade , but who cares .... ( the middleclass have since the 90s only 30% asset growth in nominal terms, in real terms they have less than in the 90sn, you cant find any stable state in the world who have less growth in this sector from A like azerbajan to Z like zambis, yes climming from a lower level)

money making is by ponzi sheme , banks,fraud,alternative acounting,zombiecompanys,dominance in the worldfiancesector,steeling blocking or sizzing foreign assets ,  the finacialwhores must be wrotten out

Gdp is  all about finacial industries , this the rats caring about

• Confused 2