Visiting German leader commends Thai court on Pita’s shareholding case

snoop1130

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

this is a message to the international community.

It is certainly a message, what is arguable is what the message is.   

as hotchilli  said (:clap2:) where was his voice when it happen? 

Now he is a dollar short and a day late. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

That he apparently MET with Pita - as in the photo above - is both surprising and a bold step from the point of view of polite international relations and the fact that Steinmeier is a head of state, not of government.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

Did not say that it is not good, though it certainly was not good for Pita when he was being robbed of his election. 

My point is that it would be better to speak  up when someone is being robbed, that to express pleasure that the victim is no longer  being robbed after the deed. . 

And a sign of what Thailand can expect from Germany .

Platitudes after the fact .

All that Mr Steinmeier is doing is playing both sides.

"Pita seems to be back, better say something nice in case he gains power"  

It's a fact that none of the recent presidential visitors dared to comment Thailand's politics. So now we have someone and you're not happy. 🥴.

Every little step will help. And going the way of democracy, human rights, equal rights, no discrimination.....that will help to have a foot into EU market easily. And I reckon that it is what the German President wants to express.🙏

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

It's a fact that none of the recent presidential visitors dared to comment Thailand's politics. So now we have someone and you're not happy.

Again 

N ot said I am not happy, I just would had been happier if the acted earlier before the damage was done, 

30 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

It's a fact that none of the recent presidential visitors dared to comment

Is because they did not know which way the wind was blowing. 

32 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Every little step will help. And going the way of democracy, human rights, equal rights, no discrimination.....that will help to have a foot into EU market easily.

Couldn't agree more.

34 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

reckon that it is what the German President wants to express.

Before they go out in the morning, politicians stick their thumb out the window to see which way the wind blows. I am afraid Mr Steinmeier is no different, this opinion come from having lived long enough to have seen many of them. 

This is not cynicism it is as it should be, if I was him I would have done the same thing, his primary job is not the well being of Thailand, it is the best possible for Germany, he did not know how this thing would play out, or even if Pita was indeed guilty.

For him it was the prudent thing to do, 

But certainly not the courageous thing to do. 

• Agree 1