Knifes sharpening in Bangkok

7euner

I have a bunch of knifes I would like to have sharpened. Does anyone know a place (not fancy expensive farang shop)?

I live in Huai Khwang, but anywhere in Bangkok could be acceptable!

9 hours ago, 7euner said:

I have a bunch of knifes I would like to have sharpened. Does anyone know a place (not fancy expensive farang shop)?

I live in Huai Khwang, but anywhere in Bangkok could be acceptable!

Workers travel the streets doing this all over Bangkok.  Quick ask of locals expect would get someone to your door quickly.  But knife sharpeners are dirt cheap on Lazada or other platforms and work very well and are easy to use.

image.png.0c85b371e21fe9f99a2be30de697e240.png

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?spm=a2o4m.home-th.search.1.11257f6dJiD6dc&q=knife sharpner&_keyori=ss&clickTrackInfo=textId--7133210228467044272__abId--308215__Score--2004.0__pvid--d986a8ce-a0b3-4f8b-9ecd-4425f2c6f748__matchType--1__matchList--1-3__srcQuery--knife sharpner__spellQuery--knife sharpner__ctrScore--0.0__cvrScore--0.0&from=suggest_normal&sugg=knife sharpner_0_1

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd ask around in the neighborhood. In mine, an elder gentleman visits every few months and performs this service for most of the houses on the street. He spends the better part of a day here.

• Thumbs Up 1

I bought myself a sharpening stone, double sided with 2 different grits. I used to throw out my knives every few years. Now I still have the same ones for over 7 years and they are as sharp as the day I bought them.